A few Suggestions

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
tanuki

A few Suggestions

Postby tanuki » 17 Dec 2013, 23:53

I've only just started using Black Ink, and I freakin' love it, but here's a couple of things I'd like:

- Masking: A way to mask multiple layers with a single image/texture layer
I've read a suggestion on here for nodal layers. While I'm too dumb to fully grasp all the benefits of it, I can defiantly see it being powerful for masking. Being able to plug a layer into several others as a mask would be fantastic.

- text: always handy to have for notes, graphics etc.

- Live brush sharing. In some 3d rendering apps. (I'm thinking octane render). there is a live material sharing feature built into the app. where a panel gives you access to user created materials for sharing. It might be cool if Black ink had something similar for brushes, where a panel gave you real-time access to a brush repository online where users could quickly and easily share their brushes from inside the app.

Cheers

u2bleank

Re: A few Suggestions

Postby u2bleank » 18 Dec 2013, 10:59

I've only just started using Black Ink, and I freakin' love it

Good to hear it :D

- Masking: A way to mask multiple layers with a single image/texture layer
I've read a suggestion on here for nodal layers. While I'm too dumb to fully grasp all the benefits of it, I can defiantly see it being powerful for masking. Being able to plug a layer into several others as a mask would be fantastic.

Ok +1 for this suggestion ( it can be easly achieved by adding a new kind of Blending for layers )

- text: always handy to have for notes, graphics etc.

ok +1 for this one also.

- Live brush sharing. In some 3d rendering apps. (I'm thinking octane render). there is a live material sharing feature built into the app. where a panel gives you access to user created materials for sharing. It might be cool if Black ink had something similar for brushes, where a panel gave you real-time access to a brush repository online where users could quickly and easily share their brushes from inside the app.

You're not the first one to suggest this feature. And we definitely think it's a must have.
So +1 ;)

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 19 Dec 2019, 09:39

Masking: A way to mask multiple layers with a single image/texture layer

I think it's possible now with Black Ink 2020 ( sorry for the delay :reyes: )

tanuki

Postby tanuki » 23 Dec 2019, 03:01

thanks for the reply (and the update!).
I'm keen to try 2020, but I don't think I'm getting the right installer. when i download it iIve got beta .0421.3458. I don't seem to have any of the new brushes and the layer panel doesn't seem to open at all. I tried a 'clean' install, but that wasn't it either. (I also lost my activation i think) :confused:

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 23 Dec 2019, 14:39

when i download it iIve got beta .0421.3458

It's normal. the 2020 is the marketing name :)

I don't seem to have any of the new brushes and the layer panel doesn't seem to open at all

Try to push the L shortcut. The layer editor should appear ( the button on the Main toolbar is bugged and will be fixed in the next update )
For brushes press the M shorctut and search it by name ;)

I also lost my activation i think

You can retreive it with here

Return to Suggestions