First Time Fun

A place to show off your work & creation created with BlackInk!
pommegenozide

First Time Fun

Postby pommegenozide » 11 Sep 2013, 05:21

First playing around with Black Ink, I love it's responsiveness and also the brush customization

And since I'm not an advanced 2D artist I usually work using primitive tools and therefore haven't
encountered any issue yet.

My comment would be the limitation of 8 layers, I've read some comment mentioning it's technical,
but didn't have time to dig deeper yet. But would love to see the increase in layering capacity or
at least have the option to merge layers.

Is there any chance we'll get the selection tools?

Anyway, this is a nice program and I'd love to see future updates from you guys :yeah:

Cheers,
Pomme
Attachments
Test_Crooler_OF.jpg
First BI Test - Custom Orbital Frame
Test_Crooler_OF.jpg (219.46 KiB) Viewed 5826 times

u2bleank

Re: First Time Fun

Postby u2bleank » 11 Sep 2013, 11:23

Nice start.

For the layers there will be a collapse option. The 8 layers limitation is due to the limited amount of GPU VRAM & the DX9 retro compatibility ( for WinXP ). If we want Black Ink work the same way on all our user base.
It was also really hard to had layers into BlackInk with those constraints in mind due the size of handled canvas.

Anyway you can regulary check this page for what will be added into BlackInk.

lilninju

Re: First Time Fun

Postby lilninju » 12 Sep 2013, 03:13

u2bleank wrote:Nice start.

For the layers there will be a collapse option. The 8 layers limitation is due to the limited amount of GPU VRAM & the DX9 retro compatibility ( for WinXP ). If we want Black Ink work the same way on all our user base.
It was also really hard to had layers into BlackInk with those constraints in mind due the size of handled canvas.

Anyway you can regulary check this page for what will be added into BlackInk.

Yes! This is great news. I will remove my thread now since I was wondering if the collapsible layers was in the works! I am so excited now lol
The whole is greater than the sum of the parts

Return to Gallery