Opacity lock with eyedropper

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
superfunpop

Opacity lock with eyedropper

Postby superfunpop » 30 Nov 2013, 22:40

First off I have to say that I love BlackInk :biggrin:

I've noticed that while working with an adjusted opacity, using the eye dropper tool to select a different color resets the opacity back to 100%. I'm unsure if this is intended, but I suggest that a LOCK opacity option be added so that while working on a large/multi-colored piece you can lock the opacity at a given percentage while switching between colors and using the eye dropper tool.

I was working on a rather large piece that required a adjusted opacity for blending and while switching colors, using the eye dropper, every time I'd have to go back and readjust the opacity. It added time to my work and ended up becoming too tedious; I dreaded adjusting the opacity every other stroke, so I ended up putting the piece on hold.

I'm assuming, that with a custom brush I could have gotten the same result with full opacity, so that I didn't have to go in and reset it, but I'm not familiar enough with the custom brush side of BlackInk yet.

A simple lock opacity option or button would be a helpful addition; or you know, stop the eyedropper from resetting the opacity all together.

That's all! :bye:

u2bleank

Re: Opacity lock with eyedropper

Postby u2bleank » 02 Dec 2013, 09:40

I've noticed that while working with an adjusted opacity, using the eye dropper tool to select a different color resets the opacity back to 100%. I'm unsure if this is intended, but I suggest that a LOCK opacity option be added so that while working on a large/multi-colored piece you can lock the opacity at a given percentage while switching between colors and using the eye dropper tool.

Why don't you use the Opacity parameter ?
Then even if you select a new color with the eyedropper the Opacity of the brush will stay as you defined it.

superfunpop

Postby superfunpop » 02 Dec 2013, 19:27

u2bleank wrote:Why don't you use the Opacity parameter ?
Then even if you select a new color with the eyedropper the Opacity of the brush will stay as you defined it.

Yeah, like I said above, I figured there was a way to do it with customizing the brush; I'm just not too familiar with that side of BI yet. Still, even then I'd have to go in and adjust opacity again, due to needing many different opacities for blending, ranging from 10% - 40% for tweaks and hues and blending. So the need for a quick adjustment, like the opacity adjustment in the color picker is awesome, it's just the fact that it resets every time you use the eye dropper became annoying. In the end, I could change the way I work and paint to accommodate BI, but I still thought I'd bring it up.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 03 Dec 2013, 08:44

superfunpop : ok I understand I add your suggestion for a flag in the preference window.

orestes

Postby orestes » 03 Dec 2013, 17:31

Noob question but I'm not familiar with the customizing part as well.
What changes exactly must we apply in the Opacity parameter to achieve the lock effect ? :?

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 03 Dec 2013, 17:45

have you tried to set the opacity with the D shorctut ?
Anyway just move the opacity slider and then if you select a color with the Eyedropper it must stay at the given value...
Or ( perhaps ) remove controllers plugged into the opacity parameter :
Expand the Opcacity parameter and click on the orange/black plug ( it will open the controller editor ).
Then Drag out the first Block plugged into opacity.

Hope this help ;)

orestes

Postby orestes » 03 Dec 2013, 17:54

Thanks a lot, u2bleank \o/

Return to Suggestions