Please consider Nodal Layering like SideFX Houdini

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
southpaw

Please consider Nodal Layering like SideFX Houdini

Postby southpaw » 25 Nov 2013, 15:25

Nodal layers are amazing, you can pull out any step, save it for later, or insert it at any time in any location of the process. Step 19 can be waiting or just as easily become step 37, and by becoming step 37, the entire picture is affected. So, anyhow, the only Software I've seen that does this is SideFX Houdini in it's 3D modeling. After a class project I was hooked, I'd never seen anything like it. Any chance you could modify Black Ink to work like that? I would purchase it before you could count to ten if you did, I would tell some of my friends, and I would tell some of the local college teachers.

u2bleank

Re: Please consider Nodal Layering like SideFX Houdini

Postby u2bleank » 26 Nov 2013, 10:26

southpaw : nice idea and powerfull idea even if it's not a top priority for us I add a +1 for you suggestion into our internal database.
Anyway I think some other programs do what you explain : like Nuke, Blender, Shake, Flame and probably many others...

southpaw

Re: Please consider Nodal Layering like SideFX Houdini

Postby southpaw » 29 Nov 2013, 14:20

You're right, Nuke and Shake do nodal video compositing, Flame and blender do nodal 3D compositing. Houdini is the only 3d modeler with nodal modeling and nodal everything else. I don't know of any digital painting software that's nodal though(painter, photoshop, opencanvas, gimp, paint tool sai, artrage-they're all layer based). Thank you for adding a +1 on the development list. I appreciate it.

Return to Suggestions