Features suggestions...

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
cami

Re: Features suggestions...

Postby cami » 17 Sep 2013, 23:43

Hey guys,

Is it already possible to create masks? If not, are you planning on implementing such a feature?

+1 using modifier key to create straight horizontal/vertical lines

Good job with the UI. I find it very intuitive.

sakionakibara

Postby sakionakibara » 18 Sep 2013, 16:37

Hi , I would like to translate Black ink into different languages , because I think that the program will eventually become more and more popular ...

P.S. I would be very glad , if you would translate Black ink on the Russian language , as it would considerably facilitate use of the program ! :D :bye:

bonnie

Postby bonnie » 18 Sep 2013, 18:47

@cami

No it's not possible to create masks in Black Ink and we haven't planned them.
But I am not saying that there will never be...

This week we release an update to fix bugs.
Straight lines will be in this new version ;)

@sakionakibara

Your proposal is very interesting.
Actually we can't make the localisation because we want to develop more features first, but why not to imagine workshops with differents languages...
What do you think?

thijme

Postby thijme » 19 Sep 2013, 19:01

A separate overview window would also be nice.

Possible one with its own zoom functions and the ability to be dragged to a separate monitor, so you have a live full screen overview of your picture while you are doing detailed work on your canvas.

dekaku

Postby dekaku » 20 Sep 2013, 02:05

Length_x - Same as length, only limited to movement on the x-axis
Length_y - see above
variables - Saves a certain point on the canvas (for example the starting point of a stroke painted while pressing a certain button), which then acts as a reference point for distance based operators

euphor

Pen Tool

Postby euphor » 20 Sep 2013, 07:05

I would like to see a pen tool like with some adobe software. I don't have a tablet but I've never needed one because I could use a tool like the pen tool to draw most things i'd also like to see some basic shapes. I really like the art this can create but I would be sad, :help: if this would end up being something used for just concept art and such and not as a primary interface for art. Thanks for hearing the suggestion. :bye:

theyokai

Postby theyokai » 21 Sep 2013, 06:07

I just saw this tool show up on steam and I am interested in it. However, I thought I should let you know my interest piqued solely because I saw it on my steam home page while on linux and thought "Wow, this would be a great replacement for photoshop on linux!" WINE is great and all, but native support would be ideal.

I'm not sure how bound you are to windows at this point in development, but I thought I should let you know that considering a Linux / Mac would really sell a lot of artists who currently have to dual boot in order to do digital art work. I'm probably going to try it out on windows anyway to see how it compares, but just thought I should let you know that this program could easily work it's way into my heart by allowing me to use Ubuntu more. :heart:

scrotieflapwack

Postby scrotieflapwack » 24 Sep 2013, 11:58

I don't know if this has been asked and added to the suggestions for features but I think it would be pretty useful and cool to add a smudge feature so you can blend and smudge colours together, it could maby work to blur images or parts of your drawings too. Just an idea :)

chainsaw

Postby chainsaw » 24 Sep 2013, 18:50

Are there any plans for multiple monitor support? :yeah:

Why would you want that? Here's a few reasons:
* Creating multiple 'view' windows that show the workspace at different levels of zoom and foci. It would be nice if they could update with the drawing, but they wouldn't necessarily need to be brush responsive - tho that would be neat.
* Put windows and information spaces that currently fill up the workspace onto the other screen. (I'm looking at you, Controllers. And you too, Brushes...)
* Information window about the current drawing. Size, position of cursor, current opacity level, rotation, zoom level, distance, angles, etc.
* Real-time pen parameters window: Display the values that are being used by the Controllers like speed, length, etc. I would like to see this to tweak my math.
:devil:

It's an awesome program - I look forward to seeing it improve! :bye:

opalmonkey

Postby opalmonkey » 27 Sep 2013, 07:58

Loving Black Ink so far! Just have a suggestion concerning the saving system.

It would be nice to have an "Export" option, like in GIMP. It would save the current image to another file and leave the current save option (the file the "Save" option writes to) the same. That way if you wanted to save to another file type and continue working, and saving, to the original file you wouldn't have to keep using "Save As" to select what file "Save" is pointed to.

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions