For photo based illustrations ?

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
joubarbe

For photo based illustrations ?

Postby joubarbe » 07 Sep 2013, 15:10

Hello,

I'm working on stylizing photographs to give them a kind of "speed painting" rendering, like someone did on some of the YouTube videos (the harbor) about Black Ink. I already own Photoshop but I like the look of Black Ink and I'm wondering if it would be a better tool to do what I want to do ?

I'm not directly asking to the developers, because I guess Black Ink would the better tool for everything :) Well, or maybe not... Honesty is (almost) always good !

Thanks.

ben-o

Re: For photo based illustrations ?

Postby ben-o » 07 Sep 2013, 15:20

Hi,
As you saw in the harbor video we have a very nice tool for that. Another video also use it there

The idea is that the photograph give its color to the brush at each position, and you do all the brushing yourself for a very personal result. There's more detail on how it works in this post

What's really interesting is the freedom to brush the details you want, spending more time on interesting shapes from the source picture, going in the direction of main lines and such. You can even switch the picture and start mixing from different sources in your final drawing.

joubarbe

Re: For photo based illustrations ?

Postby joubarbe » 07 Sep 2013, 17:16

Hmm this is very interesting indeed!

How much time did you pass on the Harbor picture ?

If someone has an objective opinion about this feature, I'd be glad to hear it :)

Return to Suggestions