Weird interaction with Huion H610PRO/Windows Ink

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
maths

Weird interaction with Huion H610PRO/Windows Ink

Postby maths » 22 Jun 2021, 23:11

Hello. I was giving Black Ink's demo a try since this software is right up my alley and I'd love to buy it. But, unfortunately, it seems to not be compatible with the tablet I own (Huion H610PRO V2).

My drivers are up to date and the tablet works fine in other applications. The Stylus tab in Black Ink's preferences shows that no tablet driver was found. You can draw with the tablet kind of like as if it was a mouse, so there's no pressure sensitivity as far as I can tell. If Windows Ink functionality is turned on (which is required for pressure sensitivity in other applications such as Photoshop) you get this weird behavior where the strokes only come after something like 0.5-1.0 second of lag (which I suppose is the same issue as the one this user reported http://forum.bleank.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1797) while also not having any kind of pressure sensitivity. Turning off Windows Ink in the Huion Tablet settings removes this weird lag/pause but doesn't solve any of the other issues.

u2bleank

Re: Weird interaction with Huion H610PRO/Windows Ink

Postby u2bleank » 23 Jun 2021, 13:46

Black Ink only use Wintab.. But latest Huion products seems to not support it anymore ( at least by default ) .

Anyway try to have a look on this thread or this one

We will add the support for Windows Ink on the next version to avoid such problems

maths

Re: Weird interaction with Huion H610PRO/Windows Ink

Postby maths » 24 Jun 2021, 21:07

Thank you for the response. I have tried those solutions before making the original post, but I don't think it's possible to do them with the latest firmware and drivers. If there's a way to use wintab with current huion drivers, it seems that it is undocumented. Thanks for the help, nonetheless, I look forward to giving Black Ink another try when it starts supporting Windows Ink. :)

Return to Technical support