Black Ink crashes and won't start up (Steam)

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
marije

Black Ink crashes and won't start up (Steam)

Postby marije » 22 May 2019, 15:07

Hi there,

Recently I bought a new little Wacom Bamboo BT and I wanted to try it out on Black Ink, which I hadn't used for ages.
Now I just started it again because it's been just... Not wanting to boot through Steam or the separate launcher. It just doesn't. It worked for a little while but when I (excitedly, dare I say), discovered the random colour shader and started a watercolour-ink-like thing - I thought it finally started working again and I was really happy I could finally draw - it crashed.

Now after a crash I can't seem to start the program back up. No splash screen, but it's still using memory. The process shows in the task manager and Steam says it's running, but it just isn't there. Even through DX9 force and through the separate launcher it just doesn't want to boot. It's super frustrating because this is the only drawing software I own and actually enjoy.

Anyone any ideas on how to fix this? My PC had been running Black Ink just fine about a year ago.

Windows 10 Home
Intel Core i7-6700HQ @2.60GHz (8 CPUs)
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M
DirectX 12

Edit; I haven't been able to use it properly for around a year now. This was before I bought the new tablet. It also doesn't work without a tablet connected.
Eeeech

u2bleank

Re: Black Ink crashes and won't start up (Steam)

Postby u2bleank » 23 May 2019, 08:47

Hi marije,

Sorry for that :cry:
Can you please send us the crash report

marije

Re: Black Ink crashes and won't start up (Steam)

Postby marije » 23 May 2019, 12:00

I sent an email with my logs. Any idea what may cause this? It's been a problem for over a year now and I've never had stability problems before.
Eeeech

Return to Technical support