Focus brush, credit to mttorley

A place to share your brush
maninmachine

Focus brush, credit to mttorley

Postby maninmachine » 07 Oct 2013, 02:44

I first want to give credit to mttorley and the Circular Rainbow brush, as this one is essentially a replication in concept. Wanted to try to mess with the asymptotic behavior to see what options were available. Tried to steer away from trig by using just the canvas pos, and the rotation brush parameter became an issue. The controller for the rotation ended up a wall of absurdity. Other parameters like size, color, opacity, and scale use a simpler controller (move this one around for other different effects). Luckily the erratic behavior at the axes is almost nonexistent, although sometimes gaps will appear (shown in example) when the brush stroke is really fast. Would like to see someone try it for a perspective piece to see how it functions, or with some of the pen parameters I can't test. Hope you like it.

focusthumb.jpg
focusthumb.jpg (16.42 KiB) Viewed 8354 times

Again, thanks to mttorley. If you happen to spot this, can you give it a whirl for a critique?
Attachments
Focus [MIM].bkbrush
(55.03 KiB) Downloaded 1062 times
focusdemo.jpg
focusdemo.jpg (96.96 KiB) Viewed 8354 times

mttorley

Re: Focus brush, credit to mttorley

Postby mttorley » 07 Oct 2013, 04:17

Hey Maninmachine- that is AWESOME!
I just downloaded it to see how it might work.

The recentering was mine, but the ABS was crucial- great job!

You've made an awesome 'distance from center behavior scheme - I've saved it in my collection.

Now, my new dear friend, we have to find a way to use it creatively!!
For guys like us- maybe that is the hard part?? lol

Best, KEEP GOING!
I have been using Photoshop for 10 years creating digitally printed wallcovering.
I have an electrical engineering degree with a minor in math.
I am a freelance designer, writer, and developer. matt @ remarkable team dot com

maninmachine

Re: Focus brush, credit to mttorley

Postby maninmachine » 08 Oct 2013, 02:18

Yes, haha, definitely the hard part.

Return to Brush Exchange