[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 37: Undefined offset: 2
Bleank • View topic - Crosshatch Brush

Crosshatch Brush

A place to share your brush
ben-o

Crosshatch Brush

Postby ben-o » 07 Feb 2013, 16:44

A brush to add a pencil shading effect.

It is oriented at 45° from the canvas by default but you can adjust the rotation values for different angles.
Attachments
CrossHatch.bkbrush
(32.17 KiB) Downloaded 2125 times

nuxel

Re: Crosshatch Brush

Postby nuxel » 07 Sep 2013, 03:07

Thank you, can be useful for some shadows...

easle-darkpaws

Postby easle-darkpaws » 16 Sep 2013, 01:17

Thanks!

ioivan

Postby ioivan » 21 Sep 2013, 11:03

Useful!
Keep moving forward!

scrotieflapwack

Postby scrotieflapwack » 23 Sep 2013, 13:02

This brush is great! I love the effect it gives for shading. Just wanted to know because I am new to Black Ink, is there a brush which imitates a pencil? Can this be made? I am still learning the controller part of the software to make my own brushes but still have no idea what I am doing :P

ioivan

Postby ioivan » 23 Sep 2013, 17:20

scrotieflapwack wrote: Just wanted to know because I am new to Black Ink, is there a brush which imitates a pencil? Can this be made?

First of all, ciao!
I'm a newbie too. As far as I know, BI doesn't try to imitate real brushes and/or pens. There are not different materials for canvas, or different type of colors. There are other programs like Artrage or... Gimp LOL just joking but if you are in an hurry you could rely on it's brushes to save your day ;)
You have the "calligraphic pencil" by default. You have also the other pencils so it's better to start analyzing some of the default brushes first. The work very well in my opinion :geek:
Window --> Brush Manager.
Keep moving forward!

scrotieflapwack

Postby scrotieflapwack » 24 Sep 2013, 11:43

ioivan wrote:
scrotieflapwack wrote: Just wanted to know because I am new to Black Ink, is there a brush which imitates a pencil? Can this be made?

First of all, ciao!
I'm a newbie too. As far as I know, BI doesn't try to imitate real brushes and/or pens. There are not different materials for canvas, or different type of colors. There are other programs like Artrage or... Gimp LOL just joking but if you are in an hurry you could rely on it's brushes to save your day ;)
You have the "calligraphic pencil" by default. You have also the other pencils so it's better to start analyzing some of the default brushes first. The work very well in my opinion :geek:
Window --> Brush Manager.

Ahh cool, thanks for the info man! I'm learning alot on the forums and from using Black Ink daily so I am slowly getting used to it :)

Return to Brush Exchange