[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 37: Undefined offset: 2
Bleank • View topic - Black Inc won't toggle to eraser mode with the XP-PEN Deco

Black Inc won't toggle to eraser mode with the XP-PEN Deco

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
eleeyah

Black Inc won't toggle to eraser mode with the XP-PEN Deco

Postby eleeyah » 04 Oct 2019, 16:18

Hi

I just got my Deco Pro Medium from XP-Pen and have been having fun with it. It generally works fine, but I can't toggle (or just hold) to erasing mode with the pen button assigned to it.

This works fine in the Microsoft Whiteboard though, and I get screen messages of the driver that it's toggling between Pen/Eraser modes. Black Ink doesn't recognize it though.

I could work around the issue by assigning E to that button within the driver, but that would affect every other program too.
Is there something else I could try?

I've added a screenshot of the tablet settings window if it helps.
Attachments
Settings within the driver.png
Settings within the driver.png (226.18 KiB) Viewed 10198 times

u2bleank

Re: Black Inc won't toggle to eraser mode with the XP-PEN De

Postby u2bleank » 04 Oct 2019, 17:05

Can you open the Stylus Preference in Black Ink ( and tell me what is the Stylus ID detected when you press the Erase button ).

eleeyah

Postby eleeyah » 04 Oct 2019, 17:21

Thanks for your quick reply.

When toggling into eraser mode (that's what the driver shows on screen), Stylus ID is 2, and Eraser is true.
When toggling out of eraser mode (driver prints Pen Mode on-screen), Stylus ID is 1 and Eraser is false.

When in Eraser mode and the button is NOT held down, I draw normally (instead of erasing), but if I'm holding the button down, extremely faint lines are drawn (nothing gets erased though).

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 04 Oct 2019, 17:36

eleeyah wrote:Thanks for your quick reply.

When toggling into eraser mode (that's what the driver shows on screen), Stylus ID is 2, and Eraser is true.
When toggling out of eraser mode (driver prints Pen Mode on-screen), Stylus ID is 1 and Eraser is false.

When in Eraser mode and the button is NOT held down, I draw normally (instead of erasing), but if I'm holding the button down, extremely faint lines are drawn (nothing gets erased though).

Ok and what happen when you Enable Or Disalble the "Erase with the current brush" ?

eleeyah

Postby eleeyah » 04 Oct 2019, 17:48

u2bleank wrote:Ok and what happen when you Enable Or Disalble the "Erase with the current brush" ?

Nothing changes. Without the button held down I draw normally, and with the button held down I draw extremely faint lines.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 04 Oct 2019, 18:21

eleeyah wrote:
u2bleank wrote:Ok and what happen when you Enable Or Disalble the "Erase with the current brush" ?

Nothing changes. Without the button held down I draw normally, and with the button held down I draw extremely faint lines.

really strange :?
Can you post an image of your "faint lines" ?

eleeyah

Postby eleeyah » 04 Oct 2019, 18:46

u2bleank wrote:really strange :?
Can you post an image of your "faint lines" ?

The thick line is normal, the faint lines to the bottom right of it are the ones that are drawn if I hold the erase button. They were drawn on blank canvas, so I didn't erase anything. Further, they were drawn at 100%, but the screenshot was taken after zooming in by maybe 600%.
Attachments
Faint lines.png
Faint lines.png (74.09 KiB) Viewed 10191 times

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 07 Oct 2019, 08:07

eleeyah wrote:The thick line is normal, the faint lines to the bottom right of it are the ones that are drawn if I hold the erase button. They were drawn on blank canvas, so I didn't erase anything. Further, they were drawn at 100%, but the screenshot was taken after zooming in by maybe 600%.

Yes but is it erasing something when you draw ( with the Erase button ) on the black part of your drawing ?

eleeyah

Postby eleeyah » 07 Oct 2019, 11:21

No, it never erases anything.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 07 Oct 2019, 12:41

eleeyah wrote:No, it never erases anything.

is it working when you directly select the Eraser brush ?

Next

Return to Technical support