the interface is too small for the screen

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
lozy

the interface is too small for the screen

Postby lozy » 19 Sep 2014, 13:03

Hi, I have just bought a copy of black ink and I am experiencing a problem-namely, too small interface. I have a high-resolution (3200x1600), high-powered 14 inch laptop and I think the high DPI of the screen is causing the program to make interface small, thinking that I must have a large screen; however the characters on the screen in too small that I have to lean in to read the interface. I think it is about 7pt in font.
Is there an any way resize the interface so as to make it legible? without changing the resolution of the screen? It is too much hassle to adjust everything every time I would use it and it is an illustration app so I feel not happy to stick to lower resolution. Since this is a ongoing project the developers probably can add this kind of feature but if there is a quick fix, please let me know.

u2bleank

Re: the interface is too small for the screen

Postby u2bleank » 19 Sep 2014, 13:18

We feared this report :desperate:

We only have "standard" screen here but with the release of 4K screen we know that we will face soon or later the problem.
We will probably add an option to double the size of all the Interface for such screen then it will be more convenient to use Black Ink but it will not happen before the end of the year. :sad:

psvils

Postby psvils » 19 May 2016, 18:12

I downloaded your latest trial and have the same issue...

I really love the concept of Black Ink, and want to commit to it, but it's very unpleasant and unusable at this point, with the interface being way too tiny! Interface scaling options++

P.

corven12

Postby corven12 » 30 Mar 2017, 14:45

I have the same problem on my tablet. :( Any possible date for the double-size-ui Update?

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 30 Mar 2017, 14:50

Yes we will do something for that ( in 1 or 2 month )

corven12

Postby corven12 » 30 Mar 2017, 16:05

u2bleank wrote:Yes we will do something for that ( in 1 or 2 month )

Thank you :)

holycojonas

Postby holycojonas » 23 May 2017, 20:42

u2bleank wrote:Yes we will do something for that ( in 1 or 2 month )

Is the update coming soon?

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 24 May 2017, 07:46

Is the update coming soon?

Yes but without the UI scaling :cry: :( ( the UI scaling is scheduled after the release of the next update )

mdessureault

Postby mdessureault » 28 May 2017, 20:42

(Le français est ma langue maternelle. A translation to English follows)

J'ai aussi le même problème: police de caractère trop petite. Et le fait aussi que le thème soit en noir. Ça diminue encore plus la lisibilité. La possibilité de changer pour un thème plus clair serait très appréciable. J'ai la licence depuis près de deux ans, votre logiciel étant plein de bonnes idées. Mais je ne l'ai presque pas utilisé pour ces raisons.

I have also the same problem: fonts are too small. And also the black colour of the them. It makes it less readable. The possibility to change for a clearer them would be appreciated. I have the licence since about too years as I found your software as full of good ideas. But I rarely open it for these reasons.

Michèle D.

Return to Technical support