Stylus Not Calibrating

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
quantumchilibeenz

Stylus Not Calibrating

Postby quantumchilibeenz » 16 Mar 2017, 05:59

I've been having trouble with my stylus for a while but it wasn't until recently when it all out just won't work right; won't calibrate. I try to calibrate and the window that pops up shows that it does not recognize pressure and azimuth, only tilt. I click calibrate and it just stays on the grey screen on the background. I have to force quit the program and it opens back up to the same grey screen as if it is still calibrating. I have reinstalled completely and the drivers. I have tested the stylus on other programs and it works just fine. With Black Ink, it doesn't. What am I doing wrong? :desperate:

u2bleank

Re: Stylus Not Calibrating

Postby u2bleank » 16 Mar 2017, 09:38

Hi,

What is your Hardware ? ( Wacom or other ).
The calibration just place de stylus position on the screen but doesn't have to do with the pressure.
If it doens't work uncheck the "Precise stylus position" option
What are the info displayed ?
Do you have Pressure when using your stylus ?
What is displayed in the Tablet Driver part ?

quantumchilibeenz

Postby quantumchilibeenz » 19 Mar 2017, 03:18

Hi! Thanks for the speedy reply!

Wacom Intuos Pro.
Tablet Driver: Wintab 1.4
Pressure: No Signal
Azimuth: No Signal

Precise Stylus Position: Tried both checked and unchecked.

The Calibration window freezes and will not go away. Force quit program, open back up and calibration window loads and still won't go away.

Screenshot

http://imgur.com/1eRP4XB

lordavon

Postby lordavon » 19 Mar 2017, 19:49

I'm having a similar problem within the same time frame. I have a Bamboo Create CTH-670 and march 16th suddenly my lines "trail" behind my pen tip. I'm not having this issue in any of my other graphic programs. I uninstalled and reinstalled all my drivers for the tablet, reinstalled black ink, and I can't figure out what's wrong.

The program is reacting to pressure but it starts reacting about 5 seconds after I've started drawing and it can't keep up with any speed at all.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 20 Mar 2017, 16:03

The Calibration window freezes and will not go away. Force quit program, open back up and calibration window loads and still won't go away.

Are you sure it's not the Auto Recovrt process which try to reload your artwork instead... ( because I don't see any cicrlce characterictis of the Calibration process on the screen corner ).

Anyway it's more than weird that you don't have pressure datas. Can you please send us your log file at support@bleank.com.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 20 Mar 2017, 16:37

Wacom seems to have released new driver the 3/13/2017
Here we didn't have any problem but you can try to to remove it and install previous one and see if the problem is fixed ( the one released the 2/8/2017 ).

lordavon

Postby lordavon » 20 Mar 2017, 17:50

pen calibration copy.jpg
pen calibration copy.jpg (28.58 KiB) Viewed 13887 times

The driver for my stylus/tablet hasn't been updated by wacom since 8/20/15 (my poor bamboo create is just that old) although I did re-download and reinstall. I'm not getting any response to tilt and azimuth just labels no signal, calibrating the pen doesn't do anything, nor checking/unchecking precise stylus position.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 20 Mar 2017, 17:55

lordavon : it's normal for the Titl & Azimuth with your Tablet ( If I remember the Bambo doesn't support this feature ).
The question is why do you haven't any pressure... From what I see you always have pressure at 100%.
can you please send us your log file

quantumchilibeenz

Postby quantumchilibeenz » 25 Apr 2017, 21:46

Okay, lets assume it is stuck on auto recover process. How do I figure that out and how do I fix. The data logs from the steam folder are not showing up for me. Or.. I'm just blind which - is quite possible. :desperate:

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 01 May 2017, 15:41

do you have any file in the folder :
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Bleank\BlackInk\AutoRecover
if yes then delete them and restart.
if no send us the file :
C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Bleank\BlackInk\BlackInk.Log

Return to Technical support