Brush Request: Circuit Pattern

A place to share your brush
blacknightzero

Brush Request: Circuit Pattern

Postby blacknightzero » 06 May 2015, 15:46

I think it would be very useful to have a brush that can make circuit shapes, like on a circuit board. Here are some examples of what I'm thinking:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 2b3f23.jpg

If this is currently impossible with our current controllers and brush parameters, I would like to suggest whatever additional features are needed to make this possible.

It would be useful to be able to restrict it to straight and diagonal lines only (so we can paint them in a single stroke instead of multiple).

Please make this happen! This would be amazing!

maninmachine

Re: Brush Request: Circuit Pattern

Postby maninmachine » 06 May 2015, 18:15

Ben-o already created a very cool circuit scatter brush, so I would suggest checking this thread out first:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1028

Otherwise, this might work -

(Edited)

Rotation from:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=604
Change to accept only 45 deg increments.

Scatter from:
Dots aligned.
Adjust to set end point in center of pixel... or divide anchor point resolution by two and set end point in center (if that makes sense).

X or Y scale controller (whichever to match direction) to increase scale by factor of the square root of 2 when pointed in 45, 135, 225, and 315 deg directions.

Stepped size controller to create connections (big dots) when the speed is essentially zero.

I might get around to trying it, but it will probably take a while.

blacknightzero

Postby blacknightzero » 09 May 2015, 00:43

I tried the circuit brush and it's not the kind of circuit pattern I'm looking for. Also, the dodecapen causes weird lines at each corner point that I don't want on a circuit brush. The simplest brush I'm looking for is a circuit that has an hollow circle where you start the brush, and a filled circle where you end it, and I need it to be restricted to straight and diagonal lines so you can draw several bends in one stroke.

I'm having three problems with figuring it out on my own.

1: I can't figure out how to change the shape from circle to line and back again (I would like to be able to change it to other shapes in the middle as well as both ends for other circuit patterns)

2: I can't figure out how to restrict it to straight and diagonal lines. I tried using the idea from the isometric lines pattern, but it's too complex for me to figure out. I want to be able to change from straight to diagonal in the same stroke, and for the diagonal lines to be 45 degrees apart (1 to 1 pixel ratio).

3: I can't figure out how to make a regular change in the pattern, something that repeats every so often, rather than being completely randomized.

maninmachine

Postby maninmachine » 11 May 2015, 04:35

Changing the shape from a line to circle can be done with x or y scale - try it with pressure on a large size brush to see how it works. To create regular patterns try using length or time. (2) might be too tough for me. ;)

Return to Brush Exchange