two suggestions - saves and opening as layer

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
dirtyklingon

two suggestions - saves and opening as layer

Postby dirtyklingon » 26 Jan 2014, 01:25

i do a lot of iterative processes in my pieces and i was wondering if that could be made easier by allowing us to have the option to save as black ink file then as png in one buttonn click option. this would make my process alot smoother as i am doing 5-6 save as for both per 20 minutes.

the other thing i was hoping for is to open a file as a layer. i frequently work with existing images but i don't usually want to use them as the base image to start from.

u2bleank

Re: two suggestions - saves and opening as layer

Postby u2bleank » 27 Jan 2014, 14:04

i do a lot of iterative processes in my pieces and i was wondering if that could be made easier by allowing us to have the option to save as black ink file then as png in one buttonn click option. this would make my process alot smoother as i am doing 5-6 save as for both per 20 minutes.

After a Save As Can't you use the Save option ( Ctrl+S ) ? it will overwrite the last file name you entered

the other thing i was hoping for is to open a file as a layer. i frequently work with existing images but i don't usually want to use them as the base image to start from.

Your wish will soon be granted ;)

dirtyklingon

Postby dirtyklingon » 30 Jan 2014, 02:55

After a Save As Can't you use the Save option ( Ctrl+S ) ? it will overwrite the last file name you entered

i do several iterations and save each one as a new file, both for project files and png renders. the file name being in the save as dialogue box is not an issue, it's more going through the process of selecting while file type to save as switching back and forth back and forth while the iron is hot and the spark of creativity is flowing! :D

so basically it's like

painting away > save as black ink file > save as png > paint more > save as black ink file > save as png >repeat 2-4 more times per project.

being able to save as both a png and black ink project file in one step would streamline this process and keep the iron hot in a productive fashion much better.

and the other thing is great to hear! thanks :D

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 30 Jan 2014, 16:15

dirtyklingon : +1 for your suggestion

frostyshark

Postby frostyshark » 14 Mar 2014, 01:27

I'd like to add that I already lost the progress on one because I saved as a .png (It's my fault for not double checking) and thus the layers ended up merged :cry: which is not fatal but god dayum. Basically, making the program confirm that the changes are saved AT LEAST in .bkd can save dummies like me xD

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 14 Mar 2014, 10:26

frostyshark : sorry to hear that.
We will add an option to automatically save a BKD & a PNG in a future release.
And yes we can make some improvement when exiting Black Ink and not having saved a .bkd for the current project.

frostyshark

Postby frostyshark » 11 May 2014, 18:19

Much appreciated, so far I'm really enjoying this program ^^

Return to Suggestions