Eraser

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
thelonecrusader

Eraser

Postby thelonecrusader » 10 Nov 2013, 18:14

I'm not sure if I'm doing something entirely wrong but the eraser button is just working I would like to know if I have to press a specific button or my version is broken in some way I just can't use the eraser and I would really love to be able to use it someone help :cry:

dirtyklingon

Re: Eraser

Postby dirtyklingon » 11 Nov 2013, 05:55

just to be sure, you know the eraser works sorta like a brush right? there's also an undo function.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 11 Nov 2013, 09:15

I'm not sure if I'm doing something entirely wrong but the eraser button is just working I would like to know if I have to press a specific button or my version is broken in some way I just can't use the eraser and I would really love to be able to use it someone help :cry:

I don't really understand, what is broken ?
To use the eraser you can activated it by pressing 'E' or clicking on it in the upper right field of Black Ink.
Let me know if it's not working

zoey

Postby zoey » 14 Dec 2013, 00:09

I have the same issue, nothing seems to be really broken, rather it seems there isn't just any function implemented in the program for pencil erasers until now.

Of course I can use the E-button, but some pencils (mine is a Wacom Grip pen) are made with the usual pencil tip on the one side and an eraser, a more thick tip, on the top of the pencil. The clue is to just have to turn around the pencil to use the eraser and not have to press a special button or something like that.

In other programmes it does work, I think Black Ink can't differ between the two different pencil tips. In the Windows settings for pencil input I can also chose the point 'use end of the pencil to erase (if available)', so I think it's just not available in Black Ink right now.

Am I right or did I miss something important?

opalmonkey

Postby opalmonkey » 14 Dec 2013, 02:11

Tested using my Intuos4 and the latest BlackInk (v0.151.1634). The eraser tip on my pen works just fine. As soon as I flip it around, BlackInk switches to the default eraser brush. So that functionality is implemented. I wonder what is causing it to not work for some people?

zoey

Postby zoey » 14 Dec 2013, 13:45

I use the Intuos Pro, so there are two possibilities. It doesn't work with this new Intuos or I simply did something wrong...

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 16 Dec 2013, 09:54

I use the Intuos Pro, so there are two possibilities. It doesn't work with this new Intuos or I simply did something wrong...

:mad: Strange.. We will try to contact Wacom for Further informations ( perhaps something has changed with the new intuos.. )

EDIT : Ok it should be fixed in the next release ;)

zoey

Postby zoey » 17 Dec 2013, 00:43

That are great news, thanks! :)

Return to Technical support