10 hours of work LOST.

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
betalars

10 hours of work LOST.

Postby betalars » 23 Oct 2014, 15:42

I'm a little bit upset, because today, i lost 10 FUCKING HOURS of work because of bad design.
Recently, i sad, that you have to set a difference between importing/exporting images and saving/loading files. Today, i lost 10 hours of work because of this exact problem.
I started with an imported image (.jpg) and worked. As usual, i often saved and because of a problem with an other software, my computer crashed. So i tryed to open my black ink document and found out: it's GONE. Or to be more accurate: it never actually existed, because it saved the whole time an .jps-image, wich isnt usable (all the layers are gone...), so i have to start from the beginning.
PLEASE fix this with an hotfix, it's not even difficould. I mean: the procedures of importing, exporting and saving are working, it's just a mather of hotkeys and interface. But it' incredibly frustrating to loose 10 hours because of this and the fix shouldn't take much longer, than 10 minutes.
Ps.: and it's still not on the upcomming features list!

u2bleank

Re: 10 hours of work LOST.

Postby u2bleank » 23 Oct 2014, 17:22

deeply sorry for your lost :cry:
This will be fixed in the next release ( because it's considered as a bug :bug: ).

betalars

Postby betalars » 25 Oct 2014, 22:29

u2bleank wrote:( because it's considered as a bug :bug: ).

Ahhh ... now, i understand, why it's not on the features list. It's concidered as a bug. I still won't call it a bug, because it has essentially not much to do with wrong coding, but as long as it gets fixed, i'm fine. ;)

glasseye67

Postby glasseye67 » 26 Oct 2014, 09:25

u2bleank wrote:deeply sorry for your lost :cry:
This will be fixed in the next release ( because it's considered as a bug :bug: ).

I tried to get a refund through Steam for this problem and other cut and paste errors that I am receiving not able to save me work. My artwork involves taking pictures from the internet cutting out sections, layering them (the layer on Black Ink currently is terrible for that), blending them together, creating backgrounds, merging sections over other pictures, basically cut, paste and save but with different types of files that Blank Ink just does not like or recognize. The save only has a few features and I find my self losing jpegs and black inks because of the files being Blank Ink files.

The cut past and save of different documents/pictures is really poor! I get nothing but error messages and have to work about them a different way wasting precious time.

It really needs to be looked into. Check out other programs, i.e. photoshop

This program is more for tablets with pens. The brush creation is great but the software is so lacking in other respects. The software has an early access through Steam, but it feels so not finished that it is really unusable!

Also it needs many, many presets/effects which most software of this type has. i.e. negative, watercolor, stencil, emboss, page curl, etc.

I am also incredibly upset about not being able to get a refund through Steam because it is a work in progress. They say contact the software maker. Cut and paste the conversation on their support site. Wherein neither party probably has no idea what I am talking about per my artwork. AND it is hard to explain.

Unhappy. :fault:

betalars

Postby betalars » 26 Oct 2014, 15:48

First of all: :fault:
glasseye67 wrote:My artwork involves taking pictures from the internet cutting out sections, layering them (the layer on Black Ink currently is terrible for that), blending them together, creating backgrounds, merging sections over other pictures, basically cut, paste and save but with different types of files that Blank Ink just does not like or recognize. The save only has a few features and I find my self losing jpegs and black inks because of the files being Blank Ink files. [...]
This program is more for tablets with pens. The brush creation is great but the software is so lacking in other respects. [...]

Black ink is not supposed to be an image editing software. It's an sketching software and currently the best sketching software, i know, because of it's awesome brushes!!! That's why it is called black ink and not black'n'white images or something like that.
glasseye67 wrote:It really needs to be looked into. Check out other programs, i.e. photoshop

Photoshop is not as good when you need a sketching software, because it is expensive as fuck and provides many features, you simply don't need for sketching.
glasseye67 wrote:The software has an early access through Steam, but it feels so not finished that it is really unusable!

Yea guess why? Because it's an early acces-software. Early Acces means, that you get early access to software, that's still in development. If you want to get a finished software, you shouldn't use early access.
glasseye67 wrote:Also it needs many, many presets/effects which most software of this type has. i.e. negative, watercolor, stencil, emboss, page curl, etc.

So go ahead and add make a suggestion. Thats the whole idea of early access. So deelopers get hints or feature requests, they wouldt probably not think of.
glasseye67 wrote:I am also incredibly upset about not being able to get a refund through Steam because it is a work in progress. They say contact the software maker. Cut and paste the conversation on their support site. Wherein neither party probably has no idea what I am talking about per my artwork. AND it is hard to explain.

I can defenetely understand valve. If you were looking for a finished image editing software, you shouldn't buy a sketchng software on early access. It was clearly written on the shop site, that black ink is a sketching sofware and, that it is under development, so it's defenetely your fault.
If you want to buy a racing car, and end up buying a jeep, you can't really blame jeep for providing you the wrong product.

majormauser

Postby majormauser » 12 Jan 2015, 14:57

Again you really should expect this with software that is in development. :|

Return to Suggestions