some feature-ideas/wishes

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
betalars

some feature-ideas/wishes

Postby betalars » 24 Sep 2014, 22:40

Here is a small list of features, wich shouldt be added in my opinion...they're not on the official feature-list.
    -some basic filter nodes like RGB-curves, saturation/bright/contrast, bluor-filter...
    -There is a difference between exporting/importing an image and saving/loading a file and there shouldt be a difference in your program, too. -> when i want to open an image, all layers disappear, because it's like opening a project.
    -overdo the brush-saving-system. My idea: the brushes, you used during your workflow are automatically saved within you project files (so any change to the default-brushes shouldt be saved as well) And you shouldt be able to add new default brushes, wich will appear in each project, automatically. But once they were changed in one project, they shouldt remain changed in this particular project. (Mabye, you shouldt think of a back-to-default-option, too.)
    -the image-based-color-brushes shouldt "ignore" invisible parts of the image (so try to work with the alpha-channel somehow, because corently, the edges get a little bit messy.
    =a smear- and a soften-brush as one of the default-brushes.
    =support for tiled images (Importing and drawing...)
But in general, i am AMAZED by this software!!! Its the best painting tool, i know and you can have a look at my first result:
http://betalars3d.blogspot.de/2014/09/black-ink-first-conceot-art.html
(The time was limited, because i used the demo-version ... i will defenetely buy the full version, soon! But i usually wait some days so i can think, if i really want a software/hardware)

u2bleank

Re: some feature-ideas/wishes

Postby u2bleank » 25 Sep 2014, 09:41

Hi,
First of all thanks for those suggestions ;)

-some basic filter nodes like RGB-curves, saturation/bright/contrast, bluor-filter...

ok +1 for the request

-There is a difference between exporting/importing an image and saving/loading a file and there shouldt be a difference in your program, too. -> when i want to open an image, all layers disappear, because it's like opening a project.

100% right it's confusing. We will fix that in the next version.

-overdo the brush-saving-system. My idea: the brushes, you used during your workflow are automatically saved within you project files (so any change to the default-brushes shouldt be saved as well) And you shouldt be able to add new default brushes, wich will appear in each project, automatically. But once they were changed in one project, they shouldt remain changed in this particular project. (Mabye, you shouldt think of a back-to-default-option, too.)

I understand your need.. :??: we have to thought of a smart system to handle local brushes used only for a drawing ( and then which will be saved with it ) and global ones.

-the image-based-color-brushes shouldt "ignore" invisible parts of the image (so try to work with the alpha-channel somehow, because corently, the edges get a little bit messy.

this is already there. If you used a PNG with some transparency the image-based-color should handle transparent part of the image correctly.

=a smear- and a soften-brush as one of the default-brushes.
=support for tiled images (Importing and drawing...)

ok +1 for each request

And nice first picture ;)

betalars

Re: some feature-ideas/wishes

Postby betalars » 25 Sep 2014, 15:53

u2bleank wrote:this is already there. If you used a PNG with some transparency the image-based-color should handle transparent part of the image correctly.

Sorry, but i think it is working, yet. I used a PNG with an alpha mask and there are some black parts at the edges of my first result...

Return to Suggestions