Color Wheel + Vector Lineart

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
akiru

Color Wheel + Vector Lineart

Postby akiru » 21 Apr 2014, 22:34

Hey Black Ink Team,

what I would love to see in the future are:

1. A color wheel to quickly adjust colors while drawing. For example like the one in Paint Tool SAI or the one in Clip Studio Paint Pro. Without the color wheel it feels like a drag to quickly adjust colors.

2. Vector Lineart. I would love to have the options to draw effective lineart. Each stroke should be registered as single object that you can freely transform, adjust, rotate, scale. Also there should be an option to stabilize while drawing a line. Some post processing to smoothen the lines would be incredible. Software like Clip Studio Paint Pro uses a seperate Vector Layer for that, it's really nice.

I bought Black Ink a long time ago, but because I don't have those two things, I barely do more with it than quickly painting basic backgrounds. I really love the premise of it all, but it just still lacks a lot of basic features for effective drawing with lineart.

Thank you for your consideration and time,

Akiru

u2bleank

Re: Color Wheel + Vector Lineart

Postby u2bleank » 22 Apr 2014, 14:05

akiru : We note all idea coming from the community and try to implement the ones which have been the most requested. ( for the moment we work on the selection tool ).

Anyway :

1. A color wheel to quickly adjust colors while drawing. For example like the one in Paint Tool SAI or the one in Clip Studio Paint Pro. Without the color wheel it feels like a drag to quickly adjust colors.

+1 for this request.

2. Vector Lineart. I would love to have the options to draw effective lineart. Each stroke should be registered as single object that you can freely transform, adjust, rotate, scale. Also there should be an option to stabilize while drawing a line. Some post processing to smoothen the lines would be incredible. Software like Clip Studio Paint Pro uses a seperate Vector Layer for that, it's really nice.

We will probably never add a "Vector" layer type.But instead we will allow user to modify the N last drawn stroke on the canvas.
So +1 for the request.

Thanks for the feedback :)

akiru

Postby akiru » 22 Apr 2014, 16:30

Sweet, thanks for taking these things into consideration.

I would love the color wheel being always present in the sidebar of the program. Maybe having it with little tabs, so you can switch between 6 different ones or so, to adjust each color if your brush has like 6 different colors quickly, that would be really nice and fluid.

The thing about adjusting lineart sounds nice.

Also, will the selection tool include a magic wand option to select spaces?

Just interested,

Akiru

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 23 Apr 2014, 13:08

I would love the color wheel being always present in the sidebar of the program. Maybe having it with little tabs, so you can switch between 6 different ones or so, to adjust each color if your brush has like 6 different colors quickly, that would be really nice and fluid.

We will add a persistent editor for the Solid color type ( like the one for the gradient & image ).

Also, will the selection tool include a magic wand option to select spaces?

No, not for the next release. But I can add a +1 for the request ;)

Return to Suggestions