Brush object gradient with 360 degree orientation

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
huckleseed

Brush object gradient with 360 degree orientation

Postby huckleseed » 08 Apr 2014, 02:07

It would be very nice to have the brush object have its own color gradient that can be applied in a 360 orientation.
This would allow you to set shadows/opacity/saturation based upon a controller for direction for example.
For example: set the left side of an object to be darker than the rest when drawing down, bottom darker when drawing right, right darker when drawing up, top darker when drawing left.

If I am making myself clear, right now when you draw with a brush, the changes are applied to the objects as you draw, whereas this is to make a difference in each object, that could then stay the same (or vary) as you make your stroke.
In other words, in the dots default brush, rather than having a black dot, followed by a pink dot followed by a red dot, the dot itself could be black on the left, pink in the center, and red on the right with opacity and saturation also individually set. This would probably necessitate a gradient bar within the brush gradient bar, but would give tremendous control over the brushes effects.

Hopefully that explains the wish successfully.

u2bleank

Re: Brush object gradient with 360 degree orientation

Postby u2bleank » 08 Apr 2014, 09:39

huckleseed : not difficult to do :geek:

I use the Felt pen defaut for this example

1) Select the Color Controller of the brush.

2) Remove the current Controller and choose the Direction[0..1] in the STROKE PARAMETERS

3) Create a Custom gradient with the same color at the beginning and at the end of it.

4) That's it ;)

huckleseed

Postby huckleseed » 08 Apr 2014, 14:08

What if you wanted that gradient to go perpendicular on that line so that red is always on the bottom with orange in the middle and green on the top by object? Then as the stroke moves along likes yours does, the 3 colors could change as a gradient along the entire stroke? So first object would be green, orange, red. 2nd object aqua, goldenrod, rose, 3rd object three new colors on the gradient.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 08 Apr 2014, 16:28

I don't know if I really understood what you mean but here somehting approching I hope :

Anyway I found a Bug in the Hue Slider which will be fixed :cry:

The main idea is to use the Color Shifting Tab and than use the Hue parameter only to change the whole gradient Hue over the distance.

huckleseed

Postby huckleseed » 09 Apr 2014, 01:54

Not quite. Imagine that string with the gradient, but instead of the gradient being applied as it grows longer, imagine that it is made up of 4 or 5 strings of different colors so that that line would be made of multiple smaller lines, all different colors. But with the ability to still change those individual colors as the main line grows longer.

I'll draw what I mean and post it later tonight :D

huckleseed

Postby huckleseed » 09 Apr 2014, 05:07

Okay, hopefully this clears things up. What I am trying to illustrate is an object level gradient. The circle with the angled gradient in the circle probably illustrates it the best. The rest are meant to be a square object (even if it looks like 3 rectangles instead)

The idea is that you can define an object level gradient with multiple colors. That object level gradient would be represented by 1 picker on the brush level gradient. Then, you can either draw with the brush level gradient set to 1 picker (and so the brush would only draw objects of the 1 object level gradient color scheme). Or you could put multiple pickers with different object level gradients. So you might start with a warm object gradient color scheme to represent fall, a cool object gradient color scheme to represent winter, a spring tone next, then a hot summertime gradient. As the brush parameter changes (pressure, time, length, etc), the object (square or circle) will move from one color scheme to the next, to the next etc.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 09 Apr 2014, 15:53

If I understand you correctly you want to have Mutibrush effect ( each brush will got his own Gradient and will be offsetted accordingly to the stroke ).
If yes it's not currently achievable but it will be in a future release ;)

Here samples for this kind of future features

maninmachine

Postby maninmachine » 10 Apr 2014, 12:47

wave2preview.jpg
wave2preview.jpg (62.49 KiB) Viewed 14021 times
Attachments
The Wave 2 MIM.bkbrush
(67.55 KiB) Downloaded 803 times

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 10 Apr 2014, 15:59

huckleseed : if maninmachine has made the brush of your dream I didn't really understand what you mean before :D

Anyway great job like always from maninmachine :up:

huckleseed

Postby huckleseed » 11 Apr 2014, 04:59

That looks very nice maninmachine, I'll give it a go :D

Next

Return to Suggestions