Performance Optimization for Non-dedicated Graphics

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
jonasauh

Performance Optimization for Non-dedicated Graphics

Postby jonasauh » 03 Apr 2014, 19:46

Greetings Dear Developers!

Blackink works smoothly in my desktop PC but in my laptop with integrated graphics(specifically i7 with Intel HD 3000) I got latency when I draw.
So, are you planning on some kind of optimization for low end PCs, or in this case with non dedicated graphics GPU?

u2bleank

Re: Performance Optimization for Non-dedicated Graphics

Postby u2bleank » 04 Apr 2014, 09:31

jonasauh : it will be really difficult to make Black Ink usable and fun on a Intel HD 3000.
As stated in our FAQ :
Black Ink performs slowly on my computer.

Unfortunately your computer's setup is not powerful enough because Black Ink needs a dedicated graphic card.

You can visit this website and look up your video card. For a good performance a "G3D rating" of 500 is needed but we recommend a rating of 1000 or above for the best experience.

We have chosen to use fully the GPU to create we hope a new drawing experience. The counter part are some limitations with the minimum configuration.

monutiger

Postby monutiger » 29 May 2014, 00:01

Hello u2bleank,

is there no way that there could be an option to choose between performance modes?

When I bought Bi I didn't know that it's only based on GPU.
Now I have a more or less big problem, because my desktop PC and my laptop don't have enough GPU power.

It would be a real shame, if i couldn't use this amazing piece of software.
Additionally, I don't have the money as a student, for a new video card... >_<

Desktop PC:

NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20Ghz
4GB RAM

Laptop:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2370M CPU @ 2.40GHz
8GB RAM

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 29 May 2014, 10:04

monutiger : it will be really difficult to make Black Ink useful on your hardware :cry:
That's why we always encourages potential customer to use our demo before purchasing.
We will try our best to leverage Black Ink in low configuration but don't expect miracles.
I hope for you that you will be able to upgrade your hardware in few months ( or year ) and then you will be able to use Black Ink in good condition and with more new features.

monutiger

Postby monutiger » 30 May 2014, 22:47

u2bleank, thank you.
Meanwhile I'll experiment with Bi as well as possible and follow the development :)

Return to Suggestions