HUD-style Color Selector

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
tylerh

HUD-style Color Selector

Postby tylerh » 25 Oct 2013, 13:20

I'm really loving Black Ink so far. I never thought I would enjoy designing brushes as much as using them!

My idea is to have a color selector that pops up on screen wherever your brush is located. This has been done before, but I think it would be even better if there were independent keys for Hue, Saturation and Brightness. Normally, when I'm paining, I just want to change the hue or the brightness, but not all three. So, if I could hold down the "H" key and select a new hue, that would be really efficient. Or, if I want to change the brightness, I could hold down "B" and slide up or down to change the value of my brush.
The HUD-style selectors that I've used in the past end up being cumbersome, because they present you with a whole color picker system. It would be great to isolate the HSB values.

If this isn't making sense, let me know and I can try to sketch it out.

u2bleank

Re: HUD-style Color Selector

Postby u2bleank » 28 Oct 2013, 11:16

Hi tylerh,
I add a +1 request for the a Floating Color palette in our internal suggestion database
And I add your idea for HSV shortcut modifier ( like the current Size and Opacity one ).
Is it good for you ?

tylerh

Postby tylerh » 28 Oct 2013, 12:35

The controls for size and opacity are really nice, so something similar would be great. On a similar note, would it be possible to add modifier keys to control min/max size and opacity. For example, hold down the key to control the main size, or hold alt for minimum or shift for maximum. That might be useful.

A floating color palette would be nice. The one in Sketchbook Pro is useful. If I remember, you click on it to select a new hue. You drag right and left to change saturation and you drag up and down for value. It is useful, although I don't always like it hovering over my work. Now, if you could hold down a key to make it appear and then let go to make it disappear... :-)

One thing I really like about your color controls is the color history. Nicely done on that!

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 28 Oct 2013, 15:32

tylerh : nice suggestions I write it all ;)

Return to Suggestions