Re-detection of tablet option

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
opalmonkey

Re-detection of tablet option

Postby opalmonkey » 05 Oct 2013, 00:42

Would it be possible to add a "Re-detect tablet" option alongside the "Reset stylus calibration" option?

I have this issue with my Intuos4 where it makes the mouse cursor movement really inconsistent when the tablet is active. Contacted Wacom and couldn't find a solution, so I just made a batch script enable/disable the tablet. Problem is, if I enable the tablet after Black Ink is running (either starting BI first, or having disabled then re-enabled the tablet while BI is still running) it no longer registers angle, pressure, etc., only movement.

It's more of an annoyance since I can just close and restart BI, but then I loose colors, undo history, and all the other things that aren't remembered between sessions. If I could just have BI re-detect the tablet it would be a lot easier. No idea if this is even possible. Just wanted to ask and see :)

u2bleank

Re: Re-detection of tablet option

Postby u2bleank » 05 Oct 2013, 13:35

opalmonkey : :eek: you probably encounter one of the buggy behavior of Wacom drivers...
We will see if we can add something for that ( but not before the complementation of the preference window ).

Return to Suggestions