Options for Save

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
chainsaw

Options for Save

Postby chainsaw » 22 Sep 2013, 15:25

It would be helpful to be able to save the brush and color-picker histories with a BKD file. I find myself returning to a WIP and there is no easy way to add another stroke that I suddenly see the piece must have without recreating (usually without 100% success) my brushes.

I'm aware that I can save my brushes, but that is somewhat tedious and impractical for brushes that I will never use on another file. Not to mention that the brush list will get unwieldy very quickly!

Obviously, colors are easier to re-populate with the picker, etc. but having a saved history would be a big time-saver.

Other ideas:
* Perhaps the program could be modified to have a standard set of brushes for a new image and a palette of brushes that have been used in the open file?
* Would it be possible to create a way of organizing the brushes into a tree/folder/category to group similar brushes together?

That's my two cents worth! ;)

bonnie

Re: Options for Save

Postby bonnie » 26 Sep 2013, 09:10

If you want to save colors you can use the favorites like this example:

But when we will release preferences you'll be able to keep your history in your .bkd as you described.

Concerning the brush manager there will be an update to organize and share your brushes with the community.

chainsaw

Re: Options for Save

Postby chainsaw » 26 Sep 2013, 17:42

Sounds great.

I love this program, BTW... :love: Keep up the fantastic work!

Return to Suggestions