Help us make Black Ink better

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
ben-o

Re: Help us make Black Ink better

Postby ben-o » 15 Jul 2013, 09:10

dhw:
We have been very busy with our latest version and Siggraph preparations but the Steam release is our next goal. We don't know what Steam feature we are going to use yet as this sill needs further study but we will definitely think about them. We can't make any promises for the release date but we'd like it to happen before the end of this summer. More details to come in the coming weeks!

generlace

Postby generlace » 07 Sep 2013, 05:11

1. Did you enjoy Black Ink?
Ive only tested the demo, and i quite like it. love the artwork style this thing can push out with ones creativity.

2. If you remember, how you learned of Black Ink (on which website or forums)?
Steam Greenlight

3. Features you would like to see integrated first in Black Ink? (3 maximum)
only 1 feature, and its a steam feature. im not a fan of the 2 computer maximum. as a person who is constantly on the go and on multiple computers, i dont want to have to buy multiple copies of a program that i already own. And im sure its a way to help stop piracy, which i get. but on steam if i buy a game i can play on any computer i own, but only one at a time which it requires constant online connection (which im fine with) i hope you guys can do something like that.

Also, does this work on microsoft surface RT tablets? because that would be a selling point $350 tablet with this great app would be a nice on the go art tablet.

fractiousbullet

Postby fractiousbullet » 08 Sep 2013, 18:23

I'd quite like simply the ability to zoom further than 100% onto an imported picture/image.

:?:

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 08 Sep 2013, 20:44

michell

Postby michell » 11 Sep 2013, 16:39

Hi,

1. I like drawing from chaotic Shapes, so Black Ink really helps alot with Ruffle and Crepe Brush

2. Steam

3. A lasso (Selection) tool that you can choose the shapes that you like, resize, move and rotate them. I dont want
to switch between Softwares just to do this.

Thanks a lot

Best Regards.

kitsu

Postby kitsu » 13 Sep 2013, 21:49

I saw Black Ink on Steam's specials today and went ahead and bought it. I'm really enjoying it so far, but I want more layers. That's all I've noticed so far; everything else is smooth and looks quite nice. I just need more layers.

eternalwhitemoon

Postby eternalwhitemoon » 15 Sep 2013, 08:11

michell wrote:3. A lasso (Selection) tool that you can choose the shapes that you like, resize, move and rotate them. I dont want to switch between Softwares just to do this.

# Agreed. I would really like to see selection/transform/cropping tools!! It's really annoying having to go back and forth between programs just for something so simple. Even MS Paint does easy cropping nowadays. I'm sure Black Ink can do much better. :P

# More layers would be nice as well, and the ability to name them. My graphic designer friend is having a fit over "WHAT?! ONLY EIGHT?!" Eight seems like such an arbitrary number anyway, especially since the Layers panel extends all the way down the screen. It looks like it's obviously intended for far more layers support. (Pretty please?)

# Lastly, I'm no stranger to the technical (I've been doing technical support for 6 years), but the Controllers interface is really intimidating. The Math functions in particular freak my brain out and I just have no idea what does what in order to really modify the brushes to my liking.

I know you have a listing in the forum about what controller does what, but stuff like "Returns the fractional value of the input. 0.5 returns 0.5, 1.5 returns 0.5, 2.5 returns 0.5" really doesn't help me understand what using this will actually do to my brushes. I would like to see a more intuitive way to explain these, perhaps by tooltip that you hover over to find. Perhaps something as simple as, after the technical explanation, "use this to create X effect with the brush".

It's really unfortunate that the Controllers panel is so unintuitive; I feel like I'm missing out on half the program without understanding how the variables affect the brush.

~~

Overall though, I love where this program is headed. Keep up the good work and keep squashing those bugs!

easle-darkpaws

Postby easle-darkpaws » 16 Sep 2013, 14:43

Love Black INK~

Found out through Steam Greenlight

The planned features might as well be good enough cause I can't think of any additional ones at the moment :D

Personally I Hate adobe Photoshop, Corel, and Sketchbook. So I plan for this and SAI to replace those (in my opinion) Incredibly overpriced pieces of software. :>

Keep up the good work! :bye:

gerriesander

Postby gerriesander » 22 Nov 2014, 15:06

Seconded to that... just new in Black Ink, and I see some good vibes and results in the future.

neurolinked

Postby neurolinked » 16 Dec 2014, 08:46

1. Did you enjoy Black Ink?

Every time a use it!
2. If you remember, how you learned of Black Ink (on which website or forums)?

Found on Steam, when i was searching a videogames.
3. Features you would like to see integrated first in Black Ink? (3 maximum)

I really want to see :desire: Polygonal brushes, starting from triangle shape !

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions