[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 37: Undefined offset: 2
Bleank • View topic - Brush mode that doesn't add up within a single stroke

Brush mode that doesn't add up within a single stroke

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
ale

Re: Brush mode that doesn't add up within a single stroke

Postby ale » 17 Sep 2013, 16:47

u2bleank wrote:
The only thing is that with the Ps brush you have much more control shading or mixing colour. Because you don't have to worry that crossing your stroke multiple times in a single stroke (again sorry my english) can change the value. A way to do this is to paint a big stroke than erase the unnecessary or have a very low opacity brush so you can match the right value more easily (that is what I did in my thread pictures).

In that case use the Preserve Transparency option for your layer. ( it's a little option in the lower right of the layer thumbnail ). Then you will not change the Alpha value of the layer only the color when brushing.

I don't get it. Okay, the alpha value remain the same but the grayscale value change an that is my problem. :?:

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 17 Sep 2013, 16:58

if what you want to achieve isn't the Preserve transparency perhaps you should try the Eraser Tool.. It's the exact opposite ( doesn't modify your color but remove the alpha channel ).

ale

Postby ale » 17 Sep 2013, 17:17

u2bleank wrote:if what you want to achieve isn't the Preserve transparency perhaps you should try the Eraser Tool.. It's the exact opposite ( doesn't modify your color but remove the alpha channel ).

What I want to preserve is the value (of the gray) within a single stroke. The effect is: the alpha change with the pressure, but it doesn't change if you pass on within a single stroke. The same of the images at the start of the topic. :)

ara

Postby ara » 19 Sep 2013, 10:42

Thanks for the explanation, and for not giving false hopes for making this type of brush available. I picked the beta offer regardless, as I'll most likely get some concept art use out of it.

zgreen

Brush Opacity Build-Up

Postby zgreen » 13 Oct 2013, 06:11

Hello everyone!

I am new to Black Ink and I love the features of the brush editor, but I am at a dead end as how to prevent opacity build up when drawing. By this I mean the way that opacity can build up to 100% without releasing the pen when you pass your brush over the same spot at low opacity. I would like a way to make the brush act more like one of the default Photoshop brushes where opacity only builds up when you release from a brush stroke and start a new stroke over the top of that one.

Any suggestions? Thanks for reading :)
ZGreen

bonnie

Postby bonnie » 14 Oct 2013, 10:06

@zgreen
I think it is the same question as this thread, isn't it? :)

Previous

Return to Suggestions