Bugs|Improvement request and missing stuffs

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
fuzz1

Bugs|Improvement request and missing stuffs

Postby fuzz1 » 11 Sep 2013, 13:30

A.
"Z" hotkey for zoom doesn't works for me. i am using an french keyboard (azerty)

b.
The zoom tool on the top left corner is difficult to use.
With my wacom intuos 4, I always reach the border of my tablet when I am zooming out , and I have to repeat the action like 5 times to be at 10%.

C.
"save copy" on brush doesn't works, from the brush preview panel
but it works from the brush manager.

D.
the brush preview can't record long preview, and it break the stroke when it reach this limit.
1. two way to fix that, record a more longer preview.
2. just don't break the input data flux from the device when we are continuing to draw into this preview window.

E. Important
the most frustrated stuff to me, is about when i am drawing on the blank /white background, my doctor says
I can't have a better human vision (10/12 for the two eyes), I'd never get this issue in any drawing application, but in black ink my eyes always lost the track of the cursor.
would be great to change the type of cursor, change the opacity, I want one that is entirely dark grey /black..
pleased do something for that, or i can't just continue to use it. :/

Few Missing functions

1. duplicate layers
2. secondary colour you can "switch to" with an hotkey.
3. it can be also use as color to create the gradient.( ps like)
4. increase the limit of 8 layers.

Some suggestions

1. The controller editor take too much place and always resize the zoom value on the canvas, it can be a source of frustration ( as the zoom hotkey just simply doesn't works for me(read bug A and B)) .

2. Floating layer so you can save a wide space on the canvas and slow down the memory required by the GPU card.

3. Editable Stroke

danielharmsen

Re: Bugs|Improvement request and missing stuffs

Postby danielharmsen » 11 Sep 2013, 15:27

I find it odd that I cannot open the .bkd files directly.

The file extention is not assigned to blackink, if you do try to open a file in explorer with blackink you get an error from the CC++ runtime library stating that the application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Is this going to be changed? I like to open files from explorer instead of opening them from blackink.

windows 7 home premium edition 64 bit SP1

fuzz1

Postby fuzz1 » 11 Sep 2013, 17:22

danielharmsen wrote:I find it odd that I cannot open the .bkd files directly.

The file extention is not assigned to blackink, if you do try to open a file in explorer with blackink you get an error from the CC++ runtime library stating that the application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Is this going to be changed? I like to open files from explorer instead of opening them from blackink.

windows 7 home premium edition 64 bit SP1

I suppose that into the next update the open recent option will appears

also I read something now( http://www.file-extensions.org/bkd-file-extension)
The BKD file extension is associated with the malicious exploit code Book Library Local Dos.
it would be better to change the format name to prevent any anti virus to delete the bkd files of some user.

some more :
http://bkd.fileextensionguide.com/
some suggesttions :
*.blk,
*.ink is already a vectial format ( mimio)
*.bkk
but why to be limited of 3 letters into the extension name ?
some more:
*.blink
*.black

armagoddon

Postby armagoddon » 14 Sep 2013, 08:58

Hello I really hope someone sees this. I dont know for the life of me how to post something. It says at the titles to post under the button... RELEVANT... where the hover is that button. I need to post something that is extremely iritating. Black ink never runs for long, it will always crash weather it is 5 min or 30 min. Now when your working on a prodject, and you have multiple layers on your screen when painting and the program crashes. Your last save point messhes the layers together. It does not save the layers separate, so you have to start all over again every time. Second, i save every five min cause of the crashing program. I have found out tho if you save right before a crash, it saves the crash and your picture is gone. OMG. And last. Why is there no tools in the program? Like cutting scissors, ? lets say your into the picture and you realise your art is a little to high or low and you want to center it in the middle of page... or move it around to an area of the page... how do you do that? where are the scissors? This program is frustrating. Why can you save? every time you save you chance saving a crash. then you loose the whole day you have been working on prodject. I started a picture, took me 10 hours, then black ink crashed my picture, and disapeard, then i saved it, but I saved a crash the next time.... are these things being fixed? because not to be rude, but id like to get my money back if i cant use the program.

bonnie

Postby bonnie » 26 Sep 2013, 13:24

Firstly I am sorry to answer a little bit late to this thread :thanx:

@Fuzz1
In response to your questions:

A. try "Q"
B. Noted! You are not alone there is another user with an Intuos4
C: It's true, The menu of the brush preview need to be updated
D: 1-2 We will see
E: it has been corrected

Few missing functions
1. Duplicate layer is pending
2. & 3. Noted
4. We are limited at 8 layers because we use the GPU and because of the compatibility with directX9. We will think about.

Some suggestions
3. We think about it with the stabilizer...

.bkd
Thanks for your investigation ;)
Don't worry about that, more Black Ink will be widespread, less .bkd will be considered as a malicious file

@danielharmsen
It will be possible to open a .bkd directly in your explorer.

@Armagoddon
Yes we read all your feedbacks, but sometime we can't instantly answer.

After the latest update, do you have always the crashes?
If yes please send us the crash report.

In any case an autobackup will be in Black Ink.

Return to Suggestions