Here is an idea..

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
butterz

Here is an idea..

Postby butterz » 10 Sep 2013, 02:02

Dunno if this has been suggested but..I think it would be great, if it was possible to have it where you and another person, say through steam, can work on a single project in the program at the same time. You see people doing collaborations and stuff, I think it'd be great to be able to do it at the same time in the program.

nameloc

Re: Here is an idea..

Postby nameloc » 10 Sep 2013, 03:16

That may be harder to implement than it sounds...
Especially when it comes to making a way to add in the History for both users, and allow of undo/ redo. (They'd have to make it so one person can't deliberately screw up the painting and disconnect. If you are only allowed to undo your changes instead of the other person's as well, then they could really screw up your painting. If you were allowed to undo either's actions, then someone could still screw up the painting by undoing everything and quickly making an action so the history is gone.)

It's still possible, they'd just have a really hard time making it, as well with finding work-arounds for possible trolls.

It's a great idea and all, although I'm honestly not sure how many people would use it though...

-EDIT

What would be a practical function is if it were connected with Steam Cloud, and you could send files to friends.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 10 Sep 2013, 13:17

it's possible ( like in a google doc editor ).
But it would be really hard to develop. Open canvas ( I thought ) has this option in his early days but the feature was abandoned.
For the moment it's out of reach for us but one days who knows ?...

easle-darkpaws

Postby easle-darkpaws » 15 Sep 2013, 20:06

butterz wrote:Dunno if this has been suggested but..I think it would be great, if it was possible to have it where you and another person, say through steam, can work on a single project in the program at the same time. You see people doing collaborations and stuff, I think it'd be great to be able to do it at the same time in the program.

I would 2n'd 3rd, 4th, and 5th this one :D Maybe they could make it to where each person has a set amount of say...10 minutes at a time or some pre determined minute limit per "turn" or to where it would save 2 copies of what was being done (one for each person) and if someone deleted all their layers on their part, the part the other person saved would still have copies of those layers? :?:

Return to Suggestions