Tracking/ Tracing feature with a Pen and Shape Tool

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
nameloc

Tracking/ Tracing feature with a Pen and Shape Tool

Postby nameloc » 09 Sep 2013, 16:02

(Incoming wall of text)

Hello,

Recently I had purchased Black Ink on Steam and overall I very much enjoy this program.
However, I struggle with most basic/ specific shapes for I am using a mouse.

Originally, I was going to suggest "a Pen Tool like that in Adobe Illustrator."
With this tool being where you Click and Drag points to create the desired shape. Upon completion of the shape you have the option to fill in the area with color or anything else...(It may just be clicking instead of clicking and dragging, it's been too long since I've used Illustrator)

I was also going to suggest a shape tool and/ or a stencil tool. (For shapes, think of the basic shape tool in Microsoft Paint; For the stencil tool, look towards ArtRage's stencils feature.)

The only thing is, is that these wouldn't necessarily flow with the overall concept of Black Ink...

Which is why I'm suggesting a "Tracking" tool, that would go hand in hand with a Shape tool of some sorts.
The tracking tool would be a bit like the pen tool in Illustrator, in the fact that you click to make points of a desired shape, however it would not fill in it's area with color. Instead, once you've created your desired shape, you are able to bring the cursor over towards any point on the shape and the cursor will 'magnetize/ attract' towards or snap onto the shape and allow you to easily draw the shape. Now, the user could probably have a slider for changing the attraction setting after the cursor first locks onto the shape. This way, even though the cursor is mainly guided, it will still give the user quite a lot of freedom and leniency to choose whether or not to stray away from the path.

This, is where the shape tool would come in. With the tracking feature, you could add in basic pre-made traceable shapes. (EG, Stars, Circles, Squares, Triangles, etc.)

Anyhow, this is the idea that I am suggesting, and I would love to see something like this implemented to give mouse users (or anyone, really) aid in creating specific shapes.
(Especially if they suck at drawing circles :help: .)

Well, I suppose it would be a tracking feature with an added Pen and Shape tool... Instead of a Tracking tool and Shape tool.

Thanks for taking the time to read/ consider this,
-Coleman

nameloc

Re: Tracking/ Tracing feature with a Pen and Shape Tool

Postby nameloc » 18 Oct 2013, 23:18

Shameless bumping;

Is it not detailed enough to convey how it is used?
I would really like to see a feature as such implemented. Especially a feature that has yet to be done in other programs.

Return to Suggestions