Features suggestions...

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
tr4

Re: Features suggestions...

Postby tr4 » 01 Aug 2013, 15:34

stopete wrote:... whilst for others it would take lots of time to adapt and get used to. In the time getting used to the hot keys instead with custom hot keys one could spend it doing awesome artwork right off the bat.

Count me in that group!
The hotkeys are my biggest issue. Having used (almost) identical shortcuts across 6+ applications (e.g. Photoshop, Painter , SAI, openCanvas, CLIP Studio etc.) over the years, I find that using BlackInk is an uncomfortable experience.

Muscle memory is great - it allows me to interact and navigate my other applications without even having to think about it! However when I fire up BlackInk, I can only play/doodle for about 10-15 minutes before I'm frustrated to the point of closing it.

If you're forced to think about how to navigate, change brush size/opacity, switch tools/colours etc. then you're no longer in the right mindset for being creative.
I'm sure some great features will be worked into BlackInk over time, but if it's a chore to use then what's the point! :?:

llazyad

Postby llazyad » 08 Aug 2013, 23:25

so... any news on those shortcuts guys? , i really want to buy and use your product but i won't if im not going to be efficient in it... im pretty sure it's rather easy to code that in the program... if you can't.. just give us an open source version and we'll fix it for you for free :D...

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 09 Aug 2013, 08:31

Be Patient llazyad >:)

We have noted your request for shortcuts customizations and this feature will be implemented.
Anyway you can check this page wich is updated regularly according our code development.

Regards

llazyad

Postby llazyad » 13 Aug 2013, 14:22

awesome, in that case you have my moral support :D

whitetoken

Postby whitetoken » 09 Sep 2013, 00:47

I would love to see a version of this become available on Linux. There is contently less reason for me to be using windows but this is one (one of the only). Linux is gaining a lot of ground and I think a lot of people would appreciate a Linux version.

gonzalo

Postby gonzalo » 09 Sep 2013, 11:38

And... as I see the people want a forum in french I would like to have a forum in Spanish, because I want to know how to use this beautifull program and certainly, I dont have any idea... and it's a little bit difficult for me understand the tutorials in english...

My best regards :)

cloudstrife2020

Postby cloudstrife2020 » 09 Sep 2013, 11:57

whitetoken wrote:I would love to see a version of this become available on Linux. There is contently less reason for me to be using windows but this is one (one of the only). Linux is gaining a lot of ground and I think a lot of people would appreciate a Linux version.

I have same request, I tryed to start BI using wine but it don't work. It is possible to port it on Linux? >:)

michell

Postby michell » 09 Sep 2013, 13:20

hi,

i just bought my black ink version over steam and really love it.
The reason was the chaotic ruffle Brush, crepe Brush and the open Controller Ability. I loved Al.chemy, so hearing that you will implement the "Draw Shape" Feature is totally awesome, cause just drawing chaotic shapes, seeing something in it and paint it out is one of my favourites techniques. It would be nice if you also can implement the Pull Shape Feature which is much more fun.

But the thing you really should implement (I really think this is a must) is a lasso (Selection) tool that you can choose the shapes that you like, resize, move and rotate them.

and by the way a german forum would be needed :) , no i m just kidding, please stay english so more people can enjoy and profit from it.

Thanks a lot

Best Regards.

han-san

Postby han-san » 09 Sep 2013, 16:35

I'd be very happy if a "straight line" feature would be added (Shift+ Brushstroke in PS; Shift+Brushstrock or pointing from point a to point b in SmithMicro software)

Thank you for your great work!

aasmund

Postby aasmund » 09 Sep 2013, 17:11

+1 on that han-san.

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions