Features suggestions...

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
bonnie

Re: 2 suggestions...

Postby bonnie » 28 Aug 2012, 17:13

Hello,

There are 4 more suggestions, I am going to change the name "2 suggestions" of this topic by another one. :p

The ratios for the canvas have been added with the idea of the quick access of A4, A3, ...

When Black Ink will have layers, the file extension will become necessary.

I am agree with you for autosave and to recover a file it is really usefull.
For the moment we integrate basic features, this feature will come later.

To keep the steps of your drawing, I think it could be interesting to make a saving+01.
For example you have named your image, "montain.png" if you do Ctrl+Shift+S you create automaticaly a new file mountain01.png, ... mountain16.png.
What do you think about?

distrash

Re: Features suggestions...

Postby distrash » 28 Aug 2012, 19:42

Hi,

I think it's a good idea about incremental saves.

About backups, i think maybe it could be useful to have the time in the title, example : Mountain.16 (2012.08.28 at 5 pm etc..) If the backup settings are set as timer all the 10 or 5 minutes, or other settings.

I don't know if it's clear, but i use a software that use this sort of system (Fruity Loops) it's a music software but when i use it and my project crash and the software is closed, i go to the backup folder watch the actual time and choose one of the last three saves.

I thought about to have a bookmarks folder menus to save at multiple place on Hard drives easily Or to have a double save mode like in lightroom.

Just write all i think it could be useful for the next versions of BlackInk.

Thanks a lot !!

Best Regards.
;) ;) ;)

PS : Thanks about changing the title of this topic, 2 or 3 times i almost change it but forgot it finally.
It's more appropriated now .

:)

bonnie

Postby bonnie » 29 Aug 2012, 09:58

When we will integrate in the main menu the preferences we will follow these leads for this kind of save.

Soon we will propose a vote by a survey in each version of Black Ink to define features you would like to see integrated first in it.

This survey will help us be closer to your needs and make Black Ink better.

Thank you again ;)

distrash

Postby distrash » 29 Aug 2012, 16:53

I'm sure lots of people will participate and keep eyes on this surveys.

Another suggestion :

- Grids (with settings as size of tiles in the grid (mm inch custom) settings to make bold, thin the lines of the grid.

- Control of the DPI size of the document.

Thanks a lot !

Best Regards. ;) ;) ;)

[EDIT] - About the symetry tools, (is a kaleidoscope style in it ? I think it could be very creative to have it as a permanent features in BlackInk ;)

bonnie

Postby bonnie » 29 Aug 2012, 17:37

Hello Distrash :)

The grid could be interesting, I note it but don't forget we don't develop another Photoshop.

In the symmetry tools it will be possible to have a Multi axial symmetry and a Multi axial cloning, it will be really easy doing a kaleidoscope, ...and in fact it will be a great tool.

For the Dpi suggestion, when you create a document in the main menu : FILE>NEW...
You can choose your resolution if you go in the SIZE tab.
Later when you'll be able to change your image size, this feature will be avalaible.

Thank you again for your involvement :bye:

distrash

Postby distrash » 30 Aug 2012, 08:15

Hello,

I add more suggestions :

Rotation of canvas, interactive rotation of canvas, to draw it's important.

Possibility to add an image as reference with opacity settings, to draw or paint over.

Thanks a lot !!

Best Regards ;) ;) ;)

bonnie

Postby bonnie » 30 Aug 2012, 09:01

Hello Distrash,

These two features already exist >:) .

The canvas rotation it's the shortcut R.
Go to the documentation there is a list with the shortcuts.

For the image-based color this is the image display, here in the documentation.

:bye:

poniu

Postby poniu » 07 Dec 2012, 00:42

# Rotation parameter- Brushes already uses rotation so maybe add this in controller as stroke parameter? Fun to play with.

# Copy Nodes- Many times I want to make similar setup in controller for size and opacity. For few nodes this is no problem but it would be great if we can copy nodes and move them another brush parameter setup. For example click and drag with CTRL for copy node (and any connected nodes) and drag them on non-active brush parameter.

# Color picking as hotkey

# Reverse gradient option (and hotkey for it maybe?)

# When node has only one input it would be good if we can drop another node anywhere on it.

# I'm spontaneously click on this little arrow when I want merge nodes. Make it click-able. :P

# This is no feature but rather little fix. There is inconsistence in controllers type menu. On side panel Noise is in Signal nodes but when you add another signal node you can't chose Noise in type menu, it is in Math nodes. Same thing about, min, max nodes.

# Dual brush somehow? One brush as base and another as mask.

Cheers!

Edit:

# Brush Scattering as parameter! :)

bonnie

Postby bonnie » 07 Dec 2012, 15:51

Hi Poniu!

Thanks for the feedback!

Nodes copy and paste is coming with some UI improvement we are planning in the controller editor. In the meantime, you can use the save and load buttons just above to save your node trees and load them in another parameter. Not the fastest way, but it works. We’ll sort out this controller type thing too, thanks for pointing it out!

New parameters and controllers are coming too, as well as more keyboard shortcuts for common actions.

Thanks for the user experience we’re taking notes!

swiet

Postby swiet » 12 Dec 2012, 00:00

Hi ya guys!

Can't tell enough how much fun I'm havin with Black Ink so far, you are really doing a great job!
So after foolin around for a couple of days I would like to suggest a feature that I think most users would enjoy a lot.

Custom shape types where the user would be able to directly assign a personal creation made either internal or as an uploadable image file. So as an extention to the square, elipse and circle we have to our advantage now.

Oh and another thing that would be realy awsome is the abillity to add textures to the color map.

Hope you guys see what I mean.

Best regards,

Danny

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions