Customizable interface

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
tarza

Customizable interface

Postby tarza » 07 Sep 2013, 18:45

apologies if i missed it somewhere... but I didn't notice any way to change hotkeys or move the UI around at all?
in my production environment being able to customize hotkeys and move tool palettes is pretty integral to workflow.

ben-o

Re: Customizable interface

Postby ben-o » 07 Sep 2013, 18:53

Hi!
Those are not available yet. Hotkey customization is coming soon in a preference edition module and you'll be able to modify your shortcuts as you wish.
We don't know yet how we will allow the UI to be changed so this is going to take much more time but we'll probably start with a few important panels instead of the whole UI.

asfaloth

Postby asfaloth » 11 Sep 2013, 01:31

ben-o wrote:Hi!
Those are not available yet. Hotkey customization is coming soon in a preference edition module and you'll be able to modify your shortcuts as you wish.
We don't know yet how we will allow the UI to be changed so this is going to take much more time but we'll probably start with a few important panels instead of the whole UI.

That's great to hear!
I just started using BI after years of PS and I must say, while the flow of the painting process is so much more beautiful, I am really missing some more quickly accessible buttons, like undo and a better positioning of the brush/eraser. I'm sure that those with hot-key tablets are not as bothered by this, but since I am (and I suppose I might not be the only one) still bound to using a cheaper one, having to move the cursor halfway across the screen to reach those every time I decide to erase or undo something is just something that makes using BI a little uncomfortable after a while.
Buuut that's just my two cents :p

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 11 Sep 2013, 11:08

asfaloth : at least you have the eraser shortcut now

Return to Suggestions