Blur, smudge, something... please

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
stevemills

Blur, smudge, something... please

Postby stevemills » 16 Feb 2016, 06:34

I love this program, it really impresses me. I am a traditional media artist, mostly pencil but some ink stippling. In ink, I don't care, but in pencil the ability to blend is fundamental. After years of people asking you for this simple tool (judging by my forum searches, it dates to 2012 without results), I would have thought by now it would be in the kit.

As soon as Black Ink arrives at that level, I'm in. For now, I will keep practicing with the demo and loving it.

u2bleank

Re: Blur, smudge, something... please

Postby u2bleank » 16 Feb 2016, 09:08

I understand.
it's not that simple to implement these features with the Black Ink technology but that will come

stevemills

Postby stevemills » 16 Feb 2016, 18:21

u2bleank wrote:I understand.
it's not that simple to implement these features with the Black Ink technology but that will come

Thank you for the response, u2bleank. I don't mean to imply it is simple to implement the code. The complexity of that is beyond my pay grade. I'm just hoping for Black Ink to incorporate one essential tool that all good graphic softwares have. I guess it was assumed from the beginning Black Ink wasn't aiming for realism, so blurring wasn't a priority to the coders.

bonnie

Postby bonnie » 18 Feb 2016, 09:41

You are right it is an essential tool ;)
Don't worry with the next update it will be possible to use smudge, blur, and more...

ekhudson

Postby ekhudson » 18 Feb 2016, 22:10

But when, when, when will it be added!??? We are like starving ARTIST PANTHERS, watching and waiting, prowling and salivating, circling....READY TO POUNCE!! Please give us delicious blur and smudge! :help: :desperate: :desire:

bonnie

Postby bonnie » 19 Feb 2016, 10:37

Ahah You'll have when it'll be ready :learn:

Return to Suggestions