Spray / Random vectors

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
tr4

Spray / Random vectors

Postby tr4 » 12 Aug 2013, 10:54

I was wondering if something like this would be possible?
Much like a spray can, it would read from a directory of vector .ai/.eps files and use them to randomly scatter on the canvas. Attributes like pressure could control the size or tilt for rotation etc.

I would be great for idea generation. You could create your own libraries of custom symbols depending on what you were creating. Sharp angular shapes could be used for mech thumbnails or leaves and foliage for landscapes etc.

Something like this:

ben-o

Re: Spray / Random vectors

Postby ben-o » 12 Aug 2013, 13:53

Nice idea
It's actually pretty simple it's only a matter on importing custom shapes. Our brushes are already just like spray cans, you can raise the shape interval parameter and assign your controllers as you like. Also, a new system is in the works to scatter the shapes around so that should cover that part.
Now custom shapes are planned too and reading vector files shouldn't be a problem, what's very interesting in your idea is the ability to read several of them. We'll consider that when we'll get to custom shapes!

clayton

Re: Spray / Random vectors

Postby clayton » 12 Aug 2013, 20:40

Hi,

Great Idea, I was only thinking of this the other day as well.

Another suggestion I thought of on this topic could be to add a "brush shape" category in the controller itself. I suppose you could select say the square brush for example and open it's parameters up in the controller and have the option to define a new brush shape using a mathematical approach as well ??

Just a thought,

Clayton

Return to Suggestions