Color wheel, Swatch panel, Blend Brush

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
tigerina13

Color wheel, Swatch panel, Blend Brush

Postby tigerina13 » 09 Jun 2015, 15:20

Need some Color Wheel, this is a screenshot from Photoshop add-on Coolorus 2 it is very suitable wheel for drawing. And it will be comfortable to use swatch panel, for quick color changes. Aaaand Blend instrument or blending settings for brush. :)

bonnie

Re: Color wheel, Swatch panel, Blend Brush

Postby bonnie » 10 Jun 2015, 14:14

First, thank you for your suggestions about the color choice (I have noted them) and your references (Coolorus 2).

What do you mean by the color blending?
Do you want more types?
Image Image

Secondly, actually we are doing some research on the color palette because we want to propose something innovative and intuitive.
For that reason (and because you seem interested with the color choice) I need to ask you some questions. :geek:

Why do you like the wheel palette, is it for the color suggestion with triadic, complementary, tetradic scheme?
Or is it to have color choice larger on the circle?

Thank you for your explanations.
:)

tigerina13

Postby tigerina13 » 10 Jun 2015, 16:46

Yeah I mean "triadic, complementary, tetradic scheme" and in this add-on you can change color, in this three lines from the bottom of the wheel to make color a little bit more warm or cold and save the color harmony. And the reason of my love to the color wheel, it's comfortable because you always can seeing the colors and notice for yourself is it nearby or opposite colors and can you use it for light area or for shadows.

bonnie

Postby bonnie » 10 Jun 2015, 16:57

Thank you for your feedback
:yeah:

gomi

Postby gomi » 12 Jun 2015, 23:54

bonnie wrote:Secondly, actually we are doing some research on the color palette because we want to propose something innovative and intuitive.

I'd like to piggy back in here and probe for more detail. Are there any insights you can provide to the type of innovation bleank is looking into with color? I'd love to hear development thoughts on this topic. :)

bonnie

Postby bonnie » 15 Jun 2015, 14:08

When you are doing research it’s rare to have something perfect at the first attempts and it’s really hard to show something before because all your work could be changed.

We are not going to invent a new wheel color palette or a standard color palette.
But we thought about a tool to generate an interesting color scheme from your favorite colors, picture, color history, ...

In this example it is just a concept which will certainly change, I underline it’s research.
You can choose each color and its position in this new palette which will generate in realtime, depending these informations, your own swatches.

We love this concept but it still needs a lot of work on it before an integration in the actual User Interface.
Indeed, we need to imagine a new kind of color management and its integration won’t be something trivial because we want Black Ink to offer a good user experience thanks to an intuitive and polished user interface.

gomi

Postby gomi » 17 Jun 2015, 03:15

I like the idea. I know that many artists favor certain colors, so that will be great to speed up the process. If you're looking at other color ideas, I would recommend taking a look at pyxeledit. They have this complimentary color system that recommends colors based on what you currently have selected. I haven't run into it in other programs yet, possibly from a lack of UI knowledge for the programs I've used. Just a suggestion to aid the creative process. :D

bonnie

Postby bonnie » 17 Jun 2015, 08:47

We didn't know pyxel edit but we thought about the same color suggestion:

With exactly the same number of colors :)

Anyway it is always cool to find new references

iwanthome

Postby iwanthome » 03 Aug 2015, 21:36

\o/ YES YES YES!
i was going to suggest to put something like palette addon, where you can put a window wherewer you want and mix colours as you want. but your's idea... is... oh my god... :desire: this is beatifull :D its even better than a pallete thing
and the pixel colour suggestion kit is nice too, it would be very usefull

Return to Suggestions