Warp Around Mode

Share your suggestions & ideas for BlackInk
breath1

Warp Around Mode

Postby breath1 » 05 May 2015, 17:24

Hi ! Just bought Black Ink on Steam (I don't like Paypal), congrats for this nice tool !

I'd like to see a feature I use so much in Krita, the Warp Around Mode. Very convenient to create textures to be imported in 3D softwares. Is it planed, maybe already there ?

Thanks.

gomi

Re: Warp Around Mode

Postby gomi » 05 May 2015, 19:02

I think you're talking about the wrap-around tool? Where you can make a patterned/tiled image. If so, I believe that Black Ink has this feature. Though, I only know how to do it with two methods at present:

1st

> Use the select tool (hotkey: W) and select want you want tiled/wrapped
> Use the transform tool (hotkey: T)
> tick the tile box that appears in transform controls on the right.

2nd

> Create the image you want wrapped/tiled and save it as a .png (or similar desired format) [or just skip to the next step if you already have an image you wish to wrap/tile]
> Open the layers panel (hotkey: L)
> Mouse over the layer you want put the wrap/tile into
> Click the small icon that appears at the top left of that layer and select import image
> Select the wrapper image
> Tick the "tile" box and you should be able to resize and reposition the image as desired.

That should provide you with the desired result. :)

breath1

Postby breath1 » 05 May 2015, 19:18

Thanks for your quick and detailed answer, but nope, that's not what I'm looking for.
The Warp Around Mode in Krita allows to draw tiles, not tiling and existing image. Don't know if what I'm saying is clear since english is not my mother tongue. Trying to find a video showing the tool.

Edit : here, for example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ICGks0-InQ

gomi

Postby gomi » 05 May 2015, 19:31

Ah, I see. The feature from Krita helps create seamless tiling. I don't believe Black Ink has this feature as of yet. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar is possible via the the Brush Controller. I haven't become familiar enough with the controller to say from my own experiences, but I wouldn't put it in the realm of the impossible.

You could replicate this with my previously suggested method, but it would take much more trial and error to get everything seamless. Maybe we'll get a +1 for the feature. :smile:

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 06 May 2015, 07:44

it's not really possible to do the same thing with Black Ink but +2 for the request ;) ( we have already thought about such feature )

slv

Postby slv » 30 Sep 2019, 00:49

I'd also love to see this. It would be a great fit for creating tileable textures ie. wall panels and such in a stylistic manner. Or just creating masks for materials to be used in 3D engines.

Krita's wrap around mode repeats the canvas over and over again in the workspace. This is handy as it shows immediately how obvious the tiling in the texture is.

The basic requirements would be for the stroke position of the brush to wrap around the canvas instead of leaving it, and for any "spillage" when drawing near edges of the canvas, instead of being discarded, it would be drawn on the other side of the canvas instead.

That said, I'm sure you're aware of how it works.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 30 Sep 2019, 08:19

slv wrote:I'd also love to see this. It would be a great fit for creating tileable textures ie. wall panels and such in a stylistic manner. Or just creating masks for materials to be used in 3D engines.

Krita's wrap around mode repeats the canvas over and over again in the workspace. This is handy as it shows immediately how obvious the tiling in the texture is.

The basic requirements would be for the stroke position of the brush to wrap around the canvas instead of leaving it, and for any "spillage" when drawing near edges of the canvas, instead of being discarded, it would be drawn on the other side of the canvas instead.

That said, I'm sure you're aware of how it works.

+1 for it ;)

Return to Suggestions