Cant save, app crash , cant send report

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
galangel

Cant save, app crash , cant send report

Postby galangel » 21 Nov 2014, 16:32

when trying to save , no matter in which format , app crash :cry:

anything i can to on my side to solve this :?

u2bleank

Re: Cant save, app crash , cant send report

Postby u2bleank » 21 Nov 2014, 17:30

Sorry for your problem :desperate:
Is it happening even if your picture is empty ?
Anyway can you manually send us a crash report when following those instructions.

galangel

Postby galangel » 21 Nov 2014, 18:52

sent :love:

christopherk

Postby christopherk » 14 Dec 2014, 02:22

Hello,

I'm working with the demo and I have the same problem.
I have already submitted an error report, but I wanted to provide additional details here.
I downloaded the Demo directly from you, rather than through steam.

I am running Windows 7 (64-Bit), with an Nnvida 660GTX (344.75), and using Wacom Intuos Tablet.

The program ran fine for the first few hours. Now, potentially after I added an external png to a lower layer, I have been unable to save any of my projects (the program shuts down before the file is saved). In the save as options, I can save as a .png, .jpeg, and .jpg, but I no longer have an option to save as a .bkd.

Addressing your above question, this happens even if the image is entirely empty (aside from the default white canvas).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program multiple time; I have tried using using the steam version and forcing it to run in DX9, nothing has fixed the issue. I have tried it with and without the tablet connected. In single instance after a reinstall (tablet unplugged), I was able to save, but the program immediately shut down after saving and would not allow me to successfully save again.

I really like the capabilities of your program, and will gladly buy the full version, if I was sure that I could save my work.

This problem has been documented by other users, do you have any sense of if/when it will be fixed? If I can provide you with any additional information, I would be happy to do so.

Thank you.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 15 Dec 2014, 10:42

The program ran fine for the first few hours. Now, potentially after I added an external png to a lower layer, I have been unable to save any of my projects (the program shuts down before the file is saved). In the save as options, I can save as a .png, .jpeg, and .jpg, but I no longer have an option to save as a .bkd.

Ok the program must not shutdown ( and we will fix that ) but after the trial time you will not be able to save in BKD anymore. It's one of the limitation in the demo version.

christopherk

Postby christopherk » 15 Dec 2014, 15:07

Thank you for your response.

Three questions:

1. Is it likely that this is a quirk of the demo, will purchasing the full version "fix" this problem? I've seen these issues posted elsewhere, but from your end are these issues mainly reported with the demo or do they exist with the full version as well?

2. In terms of refund possibility, in case the issue remains, should I buy directly from your webpage rather than through steam?

3. Unrelated to 1&2, I work at a university; my program has a small, experimental teaching lab. There are two computers I would like to put this on for students. Your FAQ says that companies need to buy one license per seat, though individuals may add activate on 2(+) computers. I wanted to know what your policy is on non-profits and schools?

Thanks

bonnie

Postby bonnie » 15 Dec 2014, 16:19

Hi,

You shouldn’t have this issue with the full version.
In terms of refund you should buy directly from our webpage because we can't make a refund through Steam. Moreover if the full version fixes this problem you can ask us a Steam key and switch to Steam for free.

We don’t have any specific policy for schools at the moment, please contact us directly at contact@bleank.com so we can work out the best solution for your needs.

Return to Technical support