Bug in the last version

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
imothep85

Bug in the last version

Postby imothep85 » 18 Mar 2014, 23:25

Hi t all, i was testing my latest version of black ink, but something has changed, now i can't draw shapes with nice edges, now when i try to draw, all the edges are like if its done with an old paintbrush under windows 3.1.

its impossible to work with that kind of bad quality, i use the normal brushes of black ink.
whats happening from the first versions where the brushes was like vectorised drawings, allways nices, now it look like bad bitmaps.

i need to draw backgrounds assets for a videogame but actually i cant, because of that problem, here its a screenshoot, you can see the bad edges easily ( i put some examples inside the red squares).
http://postimg.org/image/74e8r8khb/full/

windows 7
processor intel 8cores
12gb ram ddr3
2gb nvidia
1920x1080 latest drivers
wacom intuos 3

u2bleank

Re: Bug in the last version

Postby u2bleank » 19 Mar 2014, 12:11

hi imothep85,

:??: since this version Black Ink doesn't filter Stylus input anymore ( pressure, position, etc.. ) to adress this kind of issue.
The drawback is what you got I presume.

However if you use the Felt pen default you can add a Smooth operator for the size Parameter like in this example ( the curve in the middle use the default parameter without the smooth operator ) :

the saved result in PNG :

Moreover your reference image isn't in png format and is probably in jpeg and introduce pixel artefacts not due to Black Ink ( I don't say there nothing wrong if you perfectly smooth result )

Anyway in a future release we will add a Smoother / Stabilizer tool for super clean result when stroking ( the counter part is a small delay before the effective rendering ). I add +1 for this request for you.

Hope this help

imothep85

Re: Bug in the last version

Postby imothep85 » 20 Mar 2014, 19:01

Thanks i wait for the next release :D

Return to Technical support