Files in the wrong folder???

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
gaoli

Files in the wrong folder???

Postby gaoli » 10 Jan 2014, 14:43

I wrote this on Steam already, but I think this community might be a bit bigger, and my have an answer:

So, I tried out the demo, then now purchased the full product of Black Ink [on Steam], downloaded it, and installed it. I'm not computer savvy, but the finished product is saved in the folder "Black Ink Demo", does that mean anything? I mean, shouldn't it just be called "Black Ink"? Please help? Thanks.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/233680/discussions/3/648816742587310470/

Said folder is E:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Black Ink Demo
A kind person on Steam said that it was supposed to be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common

Is that how it is supposed to be? I'm a bit worried that the program hasn't recognized that I just paid for, and installed the full version. Is it like that with anyone else's version?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

darrell

Re: Files in the wrong folder???

Postby darrell » 13 Jan 2014, 03:18

Mine is stored in:

<path_to_steam_directory>\steamapps\common\Black Ink

That is the normal place for the installation. Not sure why it was installed over the Demo. This might be something the developers will have to remedy.

Just to make sure that you don't have two installations of Black Ink (both the retail and the Demo), go to your Steam Library window, and right-click on Black Ink. Then go to Properties. When the Properties window shows up, click on the Local Files tab then click on the button that says, Browse local files.... A Windows Explorer window should pop up with the installation folder of Black Ink. If it is under steamapps\common\Black Ink, then you may have two installations on your computer.

My suggestion would be to go back to the Steam Library window, right-click on Black Ink again, then just click on Delete local content... then confirm that you want to delete it.

Then, go back to your Steam folder, and make sure that there is no Black Ink Demo folder anymore. If it's still there, delete it.

Then go back to the Steam Library window, and re-install Black Ink.

gaoli

Postby gaoli » 14 Jan 2014, 17:41

Thank you. I followed your advice, and it worked fine. Now everything is being saved in the appropriate folder.

darrell

Postby darrell » 19 Jan 2014, 08:09

You're very welcome.

Return to Technical support