Pressure sensativity for pen and pad

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
coppernaut

Pressure sensativity for pen and pad

Postby coppernaut » 05 Jan 2014, 03:05

I'm new to Black Ink, and recently bought a new Huion pen and pad to go with my new software purchase. I'm a little displeased with the sensitivity of the pen in reaction with the on screen cursor, and doesn't allow me to make very small, subtle strokes without losing sensitivity and thus not making contact with the pad. Every time I try and do tiny little details, I usually get a "loading circle" type effect on the cursor, which also creates a little lag, and no pen strokes. Could somebody with experience in this please help a guy out in fine tuning sensitivity for my pad and this software? If so, thank you so much, super appreciated.

u2bleank

Re: Pressure sensativity for pen and pad

Postby u2bleank » 06 Jan 2014, 13:57

coppernaut : from what you describe it's seems that Black Ink doesn' recognize your pen as a real pen and this behavior is the default one for window which launche a right clic menu.
Perhaps you should install WinTab Driver for your tablet, try to look at Huion Driver solution for it.

coppernaut

Postby coppernaut » 12 Jan 2014, 03:14

Thanks! You were totally right. For some reason my retail Huion from Newegg didn't come with a software disc. I had to download those programs from their site.

So I have another question for whoever may know. I'm still finding the sensitivity to be too high in my pen stroke lines. My lines are very "shaky". When I make the same line on paper it's very straight and "confident". Is there a trick to translate the "confident" strokes to a pen and pad, or is it just me overcoming the hardware?

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 14 Jan 2014, 15:06

coppernaut : hard to say.
But we have tested this tablet and we got sometimes weird positions when drawing with it.
This behavior doesn't occur with Wacom products.

Return to Technical support