Activate is greyed out -does this mean it is already active?

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
jennyp

Activate is greyed out -does this mean it is already active?

Postby jennyp » 01 Jan 2014, 14:20

I purchased Black Ink in November and decided to upgrade to the latest version. I installed a fresh installation. When I try to activate using my email login and password, the 'activate' button is greyed out. Does this mean it is already activated?

Thank you and best wishes

u2bleank

Re: Activate is greyed out -does this mean it is already act

Postby u2bleank » 02 Jan 2014, 10:20

jennyp : yes you guess well ;)
Anyway in a future version you couldn't reach this dialog anymore if your version is activated.

jaycephus

Re: Activate is greyed out -does this mean it is already act

Postby jaycephus » 06 Jan 2014, 05:43

That's what I was wondering too. Thanks.

But, additionally, I put my computer to sleep, and then subsequently, the application indicates that I need to buy Black Ink (the working window is reduced with the 'buy Black Ink' prompt). So I attempted to activate again, but it doesn't permit me, and it doesn't otherwise indicate that I am activated, except on the website it does say that I am now using one of my two licenses. (This makes me wonder if it needs a full-time internet connection. It doesn't, does it?? I often don't have internet connected to my computers. :alarm: ) It appears that it is cleared up by closing and re-opening the app after this occurs, but I was afraid to close since I did not know if I would lose my work. I didn't. Just wanted to pass this on to Bleank. Thanks.

Return to Technical support