Pointer/Stroke disappears on first brush stroke

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
tom

Pointer/Stroke disappears on first brush stroke

Postby tom » 07 Dec 2013, 18:00

Hey,

I encounter a strange behaviour:
Very often when I select a new brush and start drawing a stroke, the stroke stops after a certain distance. After that, the mouse pointer is also gone.
If I then start drawing again (without seeing the mouse position) drawing works again and the pointer shows up as well.
Sometimes this also happens when I switch to another software and then come back to Black Ink.
And sometimes it happens without anything changing at all.

I use a Wacom Intuos 5 touch (touch disabled) with the latest driver and the latest version of Black Ink.
Windows 8 Pro x64, 32 GB Ram, 6core/12threads i7 @ 4.1 Ghz, GeForce GTX660TI with latest drivers.

I'd be thankful for any hints if this is a bug or a something else.

Great Software!

Cheers,

Tom

u2bleank

Re: Pointer/Stroke disappears on first brush stroke

Postby u2bleank » 09 Dec 2013, 09:01

tom : really strange behavior, we never receive such problem o_0 ... Can you try to reinstall your wacom driver using this method :
F! Should have been fixed with this version of Black Ink

Hum it can also be a Graphic Video Driver problem, do you have it up to date ?

tom

Postby tom » 09 Dec 2013, 09:08

u2bleank wrote:tom : really strange behavior, we never receive such problem o_0 ... Can you try to reinstall your wacom driver using this method :
F! Should have been fixed with this version of Black Ink

Hum it can also be a Graphic Video Driver problem, do you have it up to date ?

All the drivers are the latest (see first post), no problems in other software with the wacom.
I will try the wacom removal/reinstall and report if it fixes the problem.

I didn't mention in the first post that I use two monitors, 2560x1600 + 1680x1050 if that should make a difference.

Cheers,

Tom

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 09 Dec 2013, 09:13

tom : Black Ink switch the mouse pointer when you start to draw and it can be the source of your problem because it's seems to happenning at this moment.
I don't know if the size of your monitor influence the behavior of Black Ink in this area but you can make a test by changing the resolution of your main screen & disabling the second one.

tom

Postby tom » 09 Dec 2013, 09:48

u2bleank wrote:tom : Black Ink switch the mouse pointer when you start to draw and it can be the source of your problem because it's seems to happenning at this moment.
I don't know if the size of your monitor influence the behavior of Black Ink in this area but you can make a test by changing the resolution of your main screen & disabling the second one.

Hm - the wacom ritual didn't change it.

The thing is, it doesn't vanish right away, but after I draw a stroke for like 10 or 20 centimetres on screen, so I'm not sure if that would qualify for the mouse pointer change idea of yours?
Initially I thought if it has to do with brushes downloaded from the forum, but I just tried with the "Volute" brush and it happened again.
The stroke is there when I start drawing and then just stops after a random distance, at the same moment, the pointer vanishes.
Usually it works after that as expected until I change the brush again, but as I wrote, sometimes for no reason I can see, it happens out of thin air.

I'll try the monitor idea next.

Cheers,

Tom

tom

Postby tom » 09 Dec 2013, 09:55

Single Monitor with 1920x1200 didn't change it either.

It seems to happen more often when I start drawing slow and soft and then increase the pressure.

Funny that I should be the only one to run into this. Here it's totally reproducible.
Not sure what could be different about my system. While I have a lot of software installed, it usually runs very smooth.

Cheers,

Tom

tom

Postby tom » 09 Dec 2013, 10:06

Tested more with pressure: If I keep the pressure rather low all the time, it doesn't happen!
Only when I increase the pressure to something close to the maximum the stroke breaks up and the pointer vanishes...
I often do that with new brushes to check out the behaviour so maybe this is why I stumble upon it...

Does that ring any bells?

Cheers,

Tom

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 10 Dec 2013, 09:40

tom : :??: this is really strange
The pressure make your brush vanishing.. So when you draw with the mouse pointer this behavior doesn't occured.
Is it difficult for you to make a video of this problem and post it on youtube ?

tom

Postby tom » 10 Dec 2013, 12:42

u2bleank wrote:tom : :??: this is really strange
The pressure make your brush vanishing.. So when you draw with the mouse pointer this behavior doesn't occured.
Is it difficult for you to make a video of this problem and post it on youtube ?

That's nothing I do normally, so I would have to hunt down some software etc.
Not sure when I'll be able to do it. And you would see rather little on it anyway IMO.

Cheers,

Tom

tom

Postby tom » 15 Mar 2014, 15:17

Hey, just a short note that this problem is unchanged in the latest update.

Cheers,

Tom

Next

Return to Technical support