Sprites/2D Objects for game use?

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
scrotieflapwack

Sprites/2D Objects for game use?

Postby scrotieflapwack » 14 Nov 2013, 19:29

I don't know whether anyone could give advice on this kind of thing but ....

I am having plans to develop my own game, currently studying C# coding to be able to use the Unity engine. Just want to know I have a graphics tab (Bamboo Medium Pen & Touch) and Black Ink. Just wondering if anyone has experience or thinks that Black Ink would be good to draw my own 2D Objects/Sprites in?

I know alot of people use Photoshop but I feel very comfortable using Black Ink, I don't have alot of experience in this kind of thing so any help or advice would be appreciated :)

Cheers!

u2bleank

Re: Sprites/2D Objects for game use?

Postby u2bleank » 15 Nov 2013, 09:34

Hi scrotieflapwack,
Try to ask to the one who started this topic ;)

heho

Re: Sprites/2D Objects for game use?

Postby heho » 16 Nov 2013, 10:44

Just read it ;)

It's definitly a good idea working with BlackInk on games for several reasons:
1. you get a different style. When I work with photoshop/another drawoing program, I usually get realistic images, that almost have the same look over and over again. Using BlackInk I get my desired style every time. +
1.5 you can easily recreate that style by saving your pens and reusing them for the same purpose, for the game I have a base color pen that only changes color, a shading pen that stays exactly the same, an outline pen, a highlight pen, a detail pen and a shadow pen(plus a fire pen for one use) since you can change the settings of pens you can almost anytime get your desired result
2. you can draw very rough, since you can scale down almost everytime over 400%, since BlackInk works on such a huge scale. That erases many small flaws on the fly.
3. it is still being developed. That seems not so good does it? But it is, I had no crashes yet though I know others have, but for me it runs stable, but the greatest thing about it: you can suggest what you need and if it is reasonable it is normally added to the todo list, which has the possibility to improve your workflow very well.

Return to Technical support