Standard brushes don't change

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
herrwaffel

Standard brushes don't change

Postby herrwaffel » 26 Oct 2013, 19:03

I'm having the problem that only 1 basic brush (organic pen default) will change (rotation, size) when drawing with my Bamboo Pen tablet, but when i draw with my mouse they all change and if I press really hard with my pen it will change but can't draw that way.
I have tried to install the latest driver for my tablet, but the problem still occurs and i tried modifying the pressure in the controller setup but that didn't change a thing. I also tried the reset stylus calibration button but with the same result.
I really hope that I will be able to draw using black ink, but if i can use only 1 brush it's nearly impossible.

u2bleank

Re: Standard brushes don't change

Postby u2bleank » 28 Oct 2013, 11:25

herrwaffel : try to do the following :

• Remove Tablet Preference
  • Remove the driver ( even if it's the latest )
  • Restart
  • Install the Intuos Wacom drivers instead of the specific Bamboo ones.
  • then install the latest driver available from Wacom's downloads

TEll me if you still encounter the problem

tylerh

Postby tylerh » 28 Oct 2013, 12:47

I don't mean to hijack here, but had a similar question. Are the Azimuth controls working? I can't seem to change the effect when I tilt my pen in different directions. I tried adding a mul node and a power ease, just to see if they would do anything.
I'm using a Wacom Intuos4 and it did work in Photoshop.

Herrwaffel,
Some of the default behaviors that are tied to speed need to be modified to work. For example, with the confetti brush, I added a Power Ease node, with 50-100 and "ease out". This means less speed is required to ramp up to max value. The default behavior requires extremely high speed. I heard this might have been a mistake in the current release and will be changed in the future. But if the driver fix doesn't work, try some nodes.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 28 Oct 2013, 15:35

the azimuth should work.
To make sure : draw something in the Preview and see how the curve change in the Azimuth controller Operator. If it's flat there's probably a problem

tylerh

Postby tylerh » 01 Nov 2013, 14:06

That's a neat tip about the graphs. I didn't know they correlated with the stroke in the preview window. :-)

It's not flat, but I'm not get any rotation. I'll have to keep experimenting with more brush types.

Return to Technical support