Frequent Random Crashes

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
tyrannozord

Frequent Random Crashes

Postby tyrannozord » 17 Oct 2013, 21:51

Hello,

Black Ink tends to crash randomly, I can't tell you specifically what I was doing because it varies. Crashing generally seems to occur when switching the stylus from tip to eraser or some other form of transition. So usually at the time of the crash I'm not actually doing anything. While I have learned to save my work frequently it is a bit frustrating. I'm not sure how to replicate this but I will make sure to submit a new error report next time it happens and I will try to remember any specifics of what I was doing.

The most recent one I was working with the default flat pen brush. I had several layers open. I can't think of anything I was doing that would cause a crash because I had been doing the same thing for most of an hour.

I use a Windows 8 Surface Pro 128GB, CPU specs: 3rd Gen 1Intel® CoreTM i5 Processor with Intel HD Graphics 4000
4GB RAM—Dual Channel Memory. I also have the pen driver from Wacom to enhance the stylus use.

Just thought I should report this. In the 10 or so hours I've logged using Black Ink I've had six crashes like this, I'm not sure what causes them but any help or known issues would be appreciated.

Thanks

u2bleank

Re: Frequent Random Crashes

Postby u2bleank » 18 Oct 2013, 09:08

tyrannozord : thanks to the report but the most usefull thing to do it to send us your crash report.
With it we can see "most of the time" what's going on with Black Ink

Return to Technical support