Cannot draw using a Monoprice tablet

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
cyclingg

Cannot draw using a Monoprice tablet

Postby cyclingg » 15 Dec 2012, 20:24

Hi

I have a monoprice tablet with the active monitor being monitor 1.

I am working through your first tutorial on getting used to the interface. When I select a pen and try to draw something, my cursor stays as the window arrow; it does not change (if it is supposed to). When I click in the workspace, I get a black line that shoots from where I placed the cursor to somewhere left off the canvas. It is a straight line and I cannot draw anything. I am able to use my tablet in Painter 12, Photoshop Elements and my window 1 desktop.

Do you not support monoprice tablets? Are there any preference settings within Blank Ink? I really wanted to give you software a shot.

I will uninstall your software and re-install it to see if that helps.

Thanks.

Edit: Uninstalling/reinstalling software did not help. When I first tried your software, I was using a Wacom Bamboo tablet and it worked fine. I then switched to a monoprice tablet since it has a larger workspace for less money than a wacom. I uninstalled the wacom drivers so there would not be an issue here with the monoprice drivers. Unless, Black Ink does not work with the monoprice drivers or viceversa. I just purchased a license (before trying the monoprice tablet); so, I hope this can be resolved.

u2bleank

Re: Cannot draw using a Monoprice tablet

Postby u2bleank » 15 Dec 2012, 21:16

Hi cyclingg,

We doesn't have any monoprice device but it's probably the same issue we got with the genius tablet.

For the moment we don't have any workaround available for you but we will try to handle this problem in the next release ( I hope who will released in the next week ).

PS : uninstall/reinstall BlackInk will not change anything

cyclingg

Postby cyclingg » 15 Dec 2012, 23:52

u2bleank, thanks for the reply.

I will wait to see if you get it working in the next release. As I said, the monoprice tablets are cheaper than wacom and so I can use a larger surface now. The small Bamboo is just too small. Hope you can get it working.

Thanks.

koogle

Postby koogle » 02 Feb 2013, 15:58

Will have a monoprice tablet to try out soon myself,

Was this issue fixed?

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 02 Feb 2013, 18:20

Will have a monoprice tablet to try out soon myself,

Was this issue fixed?

Yes !
We will release a new version of BlackInk the next week who fixed tablet issue.

koogle

Postby koogle » 02 Feb 2013, 21:48

awesome only get the tablet next week anyway :D

koogle

Postby koogle » 05 Feb 2013, 21:26

So got http://www.monoprice.com/products/produ ... 1&format=2 tablet earlier than expected

Anyway thought i'd give some feedback on this issue as I did try it out in bleank.

Well I 'had' the same problem with the straight line issue op posted about, ie wherever the mouse cursor is on the canvas, and then when I use the tablet bleank uses the brush and draws a line instantly away from the actual cursor location to some offset position and only then does it paint with an offset from the cursor, that is like 5cm downwards and 1cm to the left.

Anyway I noticed I had the same problem in mudbox, and I'd just like to say it was solved, by using the zoom out button, Just click on the desktop and hit the zoom out button a few times, then re-open whichever program was having this offset problem and don't touch the zoom buttons.

_edit ..the problem could also be that it doesn't like relative coordinate postions, noticed that it wasn't a zoom issue with Mudbox (that was having similar offset issues) and that it only worked properly with Absolute coordinate position settings in the pen tablet settings.

It seems the zoom in/out buttons are a little buggy as even in Photoshop even though they zoom in/out on the canvas once you have pressed one of those buttons, you can no longer draw, like the focus is taken away, quirky issue , but if you do ctrl+d to remove the selections (even though there appear to be no selections when zooming in/out), only then does it allow you draw using the tablet. And this is using the latest drivers from UC Logic http://www.uc-logic.com/en/index.php?ParentMenuID=4

Anyway so that issue is no longer a problem

However there is another issue with just bleank, it seems as soon as I start drawing with the tablet I don't get any color for certain brushes just white/black, even if I just painted with a brush that has colors in it using the mouse, the same brush when used with the tablet just uses white to draw, and then try using the mouse instead again, and it no longer paints anything on the canvas, only the tablet does ( in white or black depending on the brush)

So some weird issues still remain in bleank, hopefully fixed soon with an update :D

Anyway good tablet it works great in everything and despite these little quirks

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 06 Feb 2013, 09:59

koogle,

Thanks for your exhaustive feedback about the tablet issue.
We will release ( in few hours I hope :reyes: ) a new version who should solve your 2 problems ( pressure and offset ).
Stay tuned ;)

Regards

koogle

Postby koogle » 07 Feb 2013, 23:54

So the update fixes the other issue I was having... also using relative coordination seems to work a bit better, but I still have to use absolute coordinate if I don't want any drawing issues.

But another problem is I don't think the pressure sensitivity works, its not something I noticed before because of the other issues, but now that I can draw and use color brushes etc, I've noticed that pressure seems to have no effect on any of the brushes.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 08 Feb 2013, 08:53

koogle wrote:But another problem is I don't think the pressure sensitivity works, its not something I noticed before because of the other issues, but now that I can draw and use color brushes etc, I've noticed that pressure seems to have no effect on any of the brushes.

We don't have any Monoprice tablet but can you sen us your BlackInk.Log file by following this procedure : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=59

Regards

Return to Technical support