Brush lag

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
troxx

Brush lag

Postby troxx » 30 Sep 2013, 18:22

Hey guys, so I bought your software on steam and have been messing about for abit, but the lag on the software is really apparent. I understand its still a new piece of software & performance will improve over time. But I think I go above the pc requirements & still the lag is pretty bad. My spec is, i7 upto 3.40ghz, 16gb ram, 2gb nvidia GT650m, 128gb msata for OS & software. Graphics card drivers are upto date, so why would I still be experiencing lag using Black Ink.

Love experimenting with the brushes though, congrats so far.

Tyler

u2bleank

Re: Brush lag

Postby u2bleank » 01 Oct 2013, 08:32

troxx : Strange you have lag. We know that for example google Hangout use a lot of GPU resource ( it's strange but it's just like that ). So perhaps try to close of other application and see if the lag is still there.
With your config it's not normal you have lag with Black Ink with simple brushes.
Perhaps your drivers aren't up to date or some settings are enabled ( like drivers which force the anti aliasing or something like that ).

:? Anyway what kind of lag are you experiencing ? latency when brushing ? Problem when panning / zooming ?
Let me know

Return to Technical support