Questions reguarding mouse usage

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
derkit

Questions reguarding mouse usage

Postby derkit » 26 Sep 2013, 01:12

I do plan on getting a tablet....however its not something that will happen in the real near future.

That being said was wondering if anyone here developers appreciated that had some insight into using this software to the fullest without a tablet. There are so many things I am missing out on because I don't have one.. Any way to achieve the same results with a mouse, or am I just limited until I have one? Please be honest. Any work around for pressure related things, or tilt ect. would love to hear it. Thank you in advance.

I love your program, worth every penny. And I really cannot wait to use it with a tablet, but for now and the foreseeable future, I am stuck with the mouse.

Thanks again for your time,
Derek

u2bleank

Re: Questions reguarding mouse usage

Postby u2bleank » 26 Sep 2013, 08:55

derkit : you can use the mouse whitout any problem with Black Ink ( I do the majority of my test and dev only with my mouse >:) ).
The only draw back is :
  • The pressure is simulated from the mouse speed.
  • Tablet only parameters aren't effective in this case ( like the tile, azimuth ) but it's depend how the brush controller is configured
  • The drawing precision is not as accurate as with a tablet ( no subpixel precision )

Return to Technical support