Black Ink and taskbars

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
abalone

Black Ink and taskbars

Postby abalone » 16 Sep 2013, 16:58

This is more of a bug report than a technical issue considering the workaround speaks for itself, but here goes.

Black Ink doesn't seem to like Windows taskbars that are located on the sides. It won't fit to the screen and cuts off an inch on the opposite side while becoming somewhat unresponsive. Hitting minimize and maximize doesn't solve it 9 out of 10 times either. Instead it will jump back and forth, ignoring the task bar and just overlapping it, then back to before.

scobles

Re: Black Ink and taskbars

Postby scobles » 17 Sep 2013, 03:33

I have a similar issue each time Black Ink starts; probably something to do with detecting screen resolution without the taskbar. I double click on the top of the application (the same height as the menus/size controls, but in the centre and not using any of the actual icons to resize) to make the program fit in a smaller space, then click the maximise button and it fills the screen as I would expect. I'm afraid I don't have issues beyond that though so cannot suggest further support.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 17 Sep 2013, 16:26

Ok I add it as a bug :relief:
Thanks for the report !

freaky

Window maximisation broken with taskbar on top or left

Postby freaky » 23 Sep 2013, 23:23

I have my task bar pinned to the left of my primary display in Windows 8 - maximising the Black Ink window moves it to the left edge *under* the task bar, and leaves a blank area for it on the right. Same behaviour is seen with the task bar on the top edge - it moves its window to the top under the taskbar and leaves space for it on the bottom of the screen.

freaky

Postby freaky » 24 Sep 2013, 16:57

For future reference, is there a bug tracker somewhere I missed? I spent a fair while hunting around for one, and it seemed to boil down to either here or the sister forum on Steam.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 24 Sep 2013, 20:26

freaky : no public bug reference/list.. We have one but for internal use only.

Return to Technical support