[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 37: Undefined offset: 2
Bleank • View topic - What tablet do you use?

What tablet do you use?

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
easle-darkpaws

Re: What tablet do you use?

Postby easle-darkpaws » 15 Sep 2013, 18:37

exirtis wrote:Honestly, Wacom is the way to go. The only real questions are: how much you have to spend, and how big you want it? The two are not unrelated, since the larger tablets are more expensive.

From my own experience, and from reading of others' throughout the years, don't go for the largest or the smallest tablet, somewhere in the middle is best. And... in checking their website just after I wrote that (so as to be able to get more specific), it seems that they've reduced the sizes available in their flagship line (the Intuos Pro) to 3: small, medium, and large.

In fact, Wacom has done a bit of rebranding with the names of their tablet lines. From their website:
Intuos5 is now Intuos Pro. Bamboo pen tablets are now Intuos.

Anyway, my personal recommendation – if you can afford it – is an Intuos Pro in the medium size—it's the best balance of features, space, and price. And don't buy it directly from Wacom, you'll find better deals from various online merchants.

Lastly, unless you're very well-heeled I'd advise against even looking at the Cintiq line. It's painful to see their splendor and to know they're so far out of your price range. Or so it is for me, and you might as well spare yourself the pain. ;)

Plus the cintiq seems to be an overpriced 2nd monitor seeing as you NEED a pc for the thing to even function (unless you drop $2-4K USD for the Hybrids they've just released). Personally I use a Monoprice 12x9" and it works absolutely wonderful for me :> They range from ~$30 - 100 from small to large, and are very good for what you pay...I'd say better than Wacom's Bamboo Line of tablets anyways. :geek:

scobles

Postby scobles » 16 Sep 2013, 08:25

I'm a casual user and find the Genius F610 works okay with Black Ink (especially now I've installed the correct drivers). Get a bit of lag occasionally, but its a pretty high-res touch-responsive option if you're on a tight budget.

easle-darkpaws

Postby easle-darkpaws » 17 Sep 2013, 02:14

scobles wrote:I'm a casual user and find the Genius F610 works okay with Black Ink (especially now I've installed the correct drivers). Get a bit of lag occasionally, but its a pretty high-res touch-responsive option if you're on a tight budget.

eww..touch. that just shouldn't be on a drawing tablet.

scobles

Postby scobles » 17 Sep 2013, 03:35

easle-darkpaws wrote:
scobles wrote:I'm a casual user and find the Genius F610 works okay with Black Ink (especially now I've installed the correct drivers). Get a bit of lag occasionally, but its a pretty high-res touch-responsive option if you're on a tight budget.

eww..touch. that just shouldn't be on a drawing tablet.

Sorry, not touch. I meant stylus pressure (although you have to press pretty hard).

pxydtz

Postby pxydtz » 17 Sep 2013, 06:12

Not sure if this question has already been answered, but forum search didn't return anything. Didn't want to make a new thread, so:

Speaking of tablets, are there any plans to develop BI for mobile tablets (droid, i, windows), or is it only going to be developed for PC?

easle-darkpaws

Postby easle-darkpaws » 17 Sep 2013, 14:39

It works on the Sony touch 20 inch portable pc..but The software is so GPU demanding that tablets are a huge no go I would imagine...My Nvidia GT630 scores just high enough to use this software, and I know for a fact that an integrated HD4k or 5k will absolutely fail at running this.

It would be neat to see in the future maybe a lighter version of the software on android/windows tablets though...It could become androids equivalent to "Procreate" for the iPad. :wind:

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 17 Sep 2013, 14:54

o_0 Black Ink run on a Intel HD 4000. It's not as good as with a Geforce 650 or somehting like that but it's usefull.
For the Tablet version of BlackInk we didn't have any plan for that :p

mkochsch

Postby mkochsch » 17 Sep 2013, 15:28

Wacom (pronounced wah-cum) Intuos4

~m :draw:

easle-darkpaws

Postby easle-darkpaws » 17 Sep 2013, 15:34

u2bleank wrote:o_0 Black Ink run on a Intel HD 4000. It's not as good as with a Geforce 650 or somehting like that but it's usefull.
For the Tablet version of BlackInk we didn't have any plan for that :p

hmm maybe it was just because I had a crappy laptop from HP then? Absolutely wouldn't run the demo.

oh well, I might purchase a Surface pro to do windows stuff on, if Msoft updates the gpu anyways, HD integrated always threw me problems, especially the 4000 series :learn:

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 17 Sep 2013, 15:41

hmm maybe it was just because I had a crappy laptop from HP then? Absolutely wouldn't run the demo.
oh well, I might purchase a Surface pro to do windows stuff on, if Msoft updates the gpu anyways, HD integrated always threw me problems, especially the 4000 series

We have only tested on a Surface PRO so if your laptop has crappy Mother board of bad RAM it could be the bottleneck for Black Ink.

PreviousNext

Return to Technical support